What app do you use to stream music from your home computer?

I have way more music on my computer than I can fit on my iPhone 4.

Commercial radio stations/Last.fm only go so far (basically both offer little control as-to what songs you listen to at any certain time).

What apps exist to stream music from your home computer to your iPhone (over 3G specifically)?

I don't wish to use the iTunes streaming feature.

I know of WiFi2HiFi, but ?2.39 seems quite costly for what I want it to do.

I have way more music on my computer than I can fit on my iPhone 4.

Commercial radio stations/Last.fm only go so far (basically both offer little control as-to what songs you listen to at any certain time).

What apps exist to stream music from your home computer to your iPhone (over 3G specifically)?

I don't wish to use the iTunes streaming feature.

I know of WiFi2HiFi, but ?2.39 seems quite costly for what I want it to do.

If you have jailbroken your iPhone, I use an app called 'GrooveShark' which lets me create playlists and listen to any song (as long as it's in it's library, which consists ALOT of songs), you can offline these and play them without streaming (wasting bandwidth). Although you can upload your own music to it's library, making your home library into digital library means you can access this from not only an iPhone 4 but Android/Mac/Linux/Windows etc. You can offline your favourite tracks, and make separate playlists for those you want to stream on the go :)

I'm not sure what the subscription price is but I started subscribing a year ago, and it's ?1.50 a month, but you can listen to it on any platform without adverts. You mentioned 2.39 seems costly, so this monthly price might not be your cup of tea.

I've heard of FlyCast, which is free, so maybe you can look at that if you don't want Grooveshark :)

I stream to my PC at work and my Android phone using Subsonic. There is an iPhone app available as well.

Sorry, here is the link: www.subsonic.org

After further research, I've gone for Audiogalaxy.

Cheers for the suggestions, guys :)

Subsonic, works on Android, iPhone, iPad, and I think I may start making an app for it on the Playbook if I am smart enough to figure out how!

I'm listening to music with it right now!