Green screen with HDMI

I have a 32-inch Sony Bravia that I use as a second monitor with my ATI 5800 HDMI out. Whenever I switch between TV and my HDMI2, the HDMI2 has a green screen. I have to toggle the screen resolution or enable the screensaver to get my HDMI2 to show my second pc again. It looks like that whenever I switch to tv, my Bravia thinks there is no signal on my HDMI2 and turns off second display.

How can I keep my second display, HDMI2, from turning green whenever I watch TV? It's a pain it the neck to keep constantly changing my resolution to get my second display back.

I have a 32-inch Sony Bravia that I use as a second monitor with my ATI 5800 HDMI out. Whenever I switch between TV and my HDMI2, the HDMI2 has a green screen. I have to toggle the screen resolution or enable the screensaver to get my HDMI2 to show my second pc again. It looks like that whenever I switch to tv, my Bravia thinks there is no signal on my HDMI2 and turns off second display.

How can I keep my second display, HDMI2, from turning green whenever I watch TV? It's a pain it the neck to keep constantly changing my resolution to get my second display back.

I dont think there is an easy fix. The "green screen" is usually a handshake issue between the devices. This happens to my Sony XBR as well, the only thing that can usually prevent it from happening to me is turning my cable box on first before the TV. I think you can try a different HDMI cable but from what I remember that didnt do a thing for me.

• 4 weeks later...