Meet the browser: Firefox Next

They're for "basic layers", which is only used when the GPU on the computer sucks or the drivers are blacklisted for one reason or another.

Also, Site-Specific preferences have landed for the next nightly, which is cool.

5.0 has hit beta. Does anyone know when 6.0 will hit aurora?

Around the 24th of May. Nightly will then be bumped to 7.0.

Todays nightly start faster

Because this bug get fixed.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=632404

It has Taras pre load dll patch as well. So Mozilla got nice shave on startup times..

Great work. One startup improvement more to come in this week....So stay tune..

Are all of you guys using Linux? That appears to be a Linux-only bug, and while I rarely use Linux I've never really experienced slow load times with Firefox on Ubuntu. Takes 2 to 3 seconds for me.

With Windows it's a different story - at least on a cold start. It starts in less than a second with a warm start for me.

Does the latest nightly have the smooth animation for moving tabs, or is it still being worked on? I know someone posted a link to a test version with it, but I'm wondering if there's a newer version out now? Also, when is the first beta and final of 6 coming out? I'm not rushing things, just curious on the timeframe.

Yes backout.. I think it is multiplatform not linux only.

Does the latest nightly have the smooth animation for moving tabs, or is it still being worked on? I know someone posted a link to a test version with it, but I'm wondering if there's a newer version out now? Also, when is the first beta and final of 6 coming out? I'm not rushing things, just curious on the timeframe.

if i remember correctly someone said the version jumps happen tomorrow

Barring any bugs, Firefox 6 should support WebSockets (they updated to the latest spec, so no security issues) and "EventSource" (better known as Server-Sent Events), which is awesome.

Yes backout.. I think it is multiplatform not linux only.

Linux was mentioned extensively with a little of Mac OS. I didn't see any mention of Windows ...

if i remember correctly someone said the version jumps happen tomorrow

Fx5 moved to beta channel last week. Fx6 is moving to Aurora this week. Fx7 will then be the nightly.

(Next time both should occur at about the same time, so there won't be a week where Aurora and Beta are the same)

Fx5 moved to beta channel last week. Fx6 is moving to Aurora this week. Fx7 will then be the nightly.

And when that happens, everything will clear up. All will be put in a logical, normal ( ala Chrome ) order. It was the beginning that made the situation for everyone a little bit confusing.