Meet the browser: Firefox Next

Any way to change the way click-to-play behaves? I like the old one where you only need to click to the part where the plug-in was to run it. Currently, on Aurora, you have to click "Allow now" on the address bar as well. 

Any way to change the way click-to-play behaves? I like the old one where you only need to click to the part where the plug-in was to run it. Currently, on Aurora, you have to click "Allow now" on the address bar as well. 

Try plugin link mentioned here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=12957575#p12957575

I wonder the same thing.I am not really interested in the CtP mode and keep my plugins always enabled,so i too don't want it to tell me that they are enabled on that page.

anyone know of a way to Totally Disable that " Allow " button?  that pops up? its rather annoying

I actually didn't get what you asking for but read this blog post: http://www.ghacks.net/2013/07/09/how-to-make-sure-that-a-firefox-plugin-never-activates-again/

I actually didn't get what you asking for but read this blog post: http://www.ghacks.net/2013/07/09/how-to-make-sure-that-a-firefox-plugin-never-activates-again/

it hasnt done it since i made a New Profile/ New install of UX so they either Backed it out or something else but it was annoying. it was like, when you typed a URL or clicked on a link to go to a new page it'd popup this " allow " button  to allow the page to open, but if it does it again i shall get a screenshot of it an show you

^ I think its because of Off the Main Thread Compositing landing.

I assume so, I saw some work on native drawing under OMTC for OS X landed yesterday.

Edit: I bet it's a mixup between RGBA and BGRA, that'd explain the blue colour shift and why the alpha is fine.

This is bugging the hell out of me...

Aurora.png

If I click on either of these more than once, too fast, i.e double click, then it scrolls a whole windows width worth of tabs, rather than just 1 tab per click. This only happens in Aurora, not firefox (with the same set of ad-ons). Anybody know how I can disable this new feature?

Thanks.

I still haven't found a suitable solution for this. Can it be "fixed"?

It only took three years, but they finally got rid of the scroll bars and implemented Australis on OS X, 3 years. :no:

Screen%20Shot%202013-07-14%20at%205.31.5

I still haven't found a suitable solution for this. Can it be "fixed"?

You can't right-click an empty part of the menu bar and click Customize, then drag both of the icons off?

Have you tried using a different theme?

I wish e10s were here.

They are landing piece bits by bits, CPOW Wrapper for addons communication landed so that addons can be saved from Electrolysis.

You can't right-click an empty part of the menu bar and click Customize, then drag both of the icons off?

Have you tried using a different theme?

Thanks, but I don't want to get rid of them compleatly, rather I want to change the way they function, whereby double clicking on them does not scroll a whole windows worth of tabs.

No matter how many times I click, or how fast, I only want it to scroll 1 tab at a time, like it used to be.

Have anyone been testing the layers.offmainthreadcomposition?

I see no different in UI responsiveness, and scrolling creates black screens at times on Beta. Nightly doesn't seem to make any improvement either.

OMTC compositing is mainly going to help animations and transitions currently, painting is still done on the main thread (That's going to change though, e10s needs it as well)

Did Australis hit nightly yet?

Nope, its related two performance regression recently got fixed and landed these bug fixes in Nightly 25, I think it is too late for it to be in Nightly 25 now, it will land in Nightly 26 and then if not mature enough backout before merger to Aurora 26 and finally will be in Firefox 27.

Nope, its related two performance regression recently got fixed and landed these bug fixes in Nightly 25, I think it is too late for it to be in Nightly 25 now, it will land in Nightly 26 and then if not mature enough backout before merger to Aurora 26 and finally will be in Firefox 27.

what i dont get is, why Mozilla cant Enable the Australis Tabs in Firefox as Default now an keep testing the other crap 

what i dont get is, why Mozilla cant Enable the Australis Tabs in Firefox as Default now an keep testing the other crap 

The issue is that if they roll it out, after that if they have to backout, even previous theme will not work as working currently, means totally useless. To fix it up, they either have to maintain two separate branches which was proposed like Australis + mozilla central and mozilla central simple without Australis, so that if some mess up happen, they can roll out other one.

But they think that delaying it further to fix more issues like now it is on Milestone 8, previously it was thought to roll out on achieving Milestone 7. So they are fixing more and more bugs.

From my side, in one sentences, what is worthless will remain worthless, Australis is crap and with it Firefox will become crap.

You can witness this happening with new useless Click to Play.