Meet the browser: Firefox Next

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I'm running Nightly 52 (which has a rather interesting feature - scaling on a per-tab basis) basically, DSR for browsers.  Neowin is set for 60 percent zoom-out.

7 hours ago, PGHammer said:

Actually, I'm running Nightly 52 (which has a rather interesting feature - scaling on a per-tab basis) basically, DSR for browsers.  Neowin is set for 60 percent zoom-out.

Main page or forums for that 60% zoom out?

• Like 1

It looks like they're about to enable multiple content processes in Firefox... well, Nightly.

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/11/10/multiple-content-processes-in-firefox-nightly/

I set dom.ipc.processCount from 1 to 99, closed Nightly and reopened it. Then opened as many tabs as I could... finally Firefox/Nightly matches Chrome in responsiveness when opening multiple tabs at once (like over 20) and there's no lag when changing between them as they're loading (as there was before). Too 'em long damn enough, heh. And yes, Nightly is using multiple processes for all the opened tabs (up to 99).

Groovy.

Fx50 RC2 is stable and has not crashed on me yet, @Boo BerryI know that they are not on the 6 week deal any more. But they said that it will go final on November 8, 2016. They should live up to what they say  or do not say anything.

8 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Fx50 RC2 is stable and has not crashed on me yet, @Boo BerryI know that they are not on the 6 week deal any more. But they said that it will go final on November 8, 2016. They should live up to what they say  or do not say anything.

looks like RC2 maybe the final unless there's a RC3 made this weekend

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Konstantine said:

Guys? No posts for a month? Anything notable? Thanks.

probably a lot go awy for Holidays nowadays, but even Chrome.next thread is Dead also

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I will not be using Fx 57.

it kinda wont matter if you stay on FF52 ESR as most Addon Devs that are quiting Mozilla now just arent fixing there Addons no more so if they stop working, you'll m,ore than likely have to either Jump ship to another browser or put up with Hardly any Addons, i wouldnt be surprised if the Ublock Origin Dev quits Mozilla also eventually an the Adblock Plus Dev. 

all Mozilla are doing is " reinventing the Google Chrome Wheel "  an in the mean time there getting rid of Addon Devs that Made the Browser, it'll become a useless Browser once its completed with Servo etc in it. , i myself use Chrome more nowadays

I, on the other hand, cannot wait for Servo to show up. :p I haven't understood the whole WebExtensions thing but if I can use uBlock Origin, Stylish and Youtube High Definition on Firefox 57+ then I don't really care. uBlock Origin has a WebExtension version if I recall correctly.