Meet the browser: Firefox Next

dnast

I'm guessing A couple work arounds would be to either, 1, drag out the add-on manager into its own window, then open up the styles thing, or 2, open up the manage styles window from the toolbar button.

Yeah #1 works - didn't think of that :blush:, but #2 was what annoyed me by the change. With the new version of Stylish, clicking on Manage Styles from the toolbar button just takes you to the Add-on Manager and puts you on the User Styles tab.

Thanks, though! I've since changed it back to the old behavior by changing an about:config setting, so it's not a big deal.

vasa1
... I've since changed it back to the old behavior by changing an about:config setting, so it's not a big deal.

The instructions are here:

1. Type about:config in the URL bar.

2. Click "I'll be careful, I promise!" or whatever it says to continue.

3. In the Filter form at the top, put extensions.stylish.manageView

4. There should only be one entry showing, right click the item > Modify . Change value depending on the behavior you want. 0 for add-ons manager, 1 for stand-alone dialog, 2 for sidebar

Generously described by luckymouse (http://forum.userstyles.org/discussion/comment/53352/#Comment_53352)

+Audioboxer

Anyone else have issues with Fast Dial and nightly? Won't save my settings.

bogas04

post-293012-0-05827000-1304173153.png

I get this immediate shadow sometimes , and it looks really sharp and crisp with that on , but its some glitch i guess .. Anyone else?

PS : Can't we have the glitched version as default? Any userstyle to increase shadow density?

Edit : Okay i investigated the problem and occurs ONLY WITH TWITTER (NEW) till NOW. Please confirm

+Zlip792

^Not having this problem on my side. Using latest Nightly.

Tech Star

Looks good, but not an option that I would be using. Might be useful for others.

grayscale

Pretty good, although I think the vertical ui is ugly XD

+Heartripper

Highlight the domain name in the address bar

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=451833

will be in tomorrow's nightly!

edit:

it's in latest hourly:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/tinderbox-builds/mozilla-central-win32/1304433556/firefox-6.0a1.en-US.win32.zip (win32)

but there's not enough contrast IMO

51828860.png

Frylock86

Notice how those mockups are 7/OSX only. :shiftyninja:

grayscale

Looks like Safari might implement the mock download manager first

safari-download-panel.jpg

Here

firefox-6-download-manager.jpg

Pictures from browserscene.com

The_Decryptor

Yep, the Safari guys beat Mozilla to the punch, there was a post about it on the Mozilla blog (happy one, I think the designer is happy somebody implemented it and showed the design works)

+Zlip792

Latest release of nightly also feature url highlighting but not very prominent. Niice mockup, Mozilla should ditch rapid release (major version bumps) since they didn`t get warm response on Aurora builds.

Jamushroom

^There's a reason to why they're making Aurora builds. It has the same reason as the Chrome Dev-builds has. Testing new things out and adding changes to the browser for testing purposes so that they can push out major builds quicker, instead of 1 major build each year or so. All this so that they don't break the browser with useless features.

So yeah, they really don't need a warm response for test builds. As long as they're getting warm responses to the major stable builds, then there's no loss.

Yep, the Safari guys beat Mozilla to the punch, there was a post about it on the Mozilla blog (happy one, I think the designer is happy somebody implemented it and showed the design works)

I'd still like to see it implemented into Firefox tbh. And does anyone know when the new theme will land? I'd try to mod the current theme into that but I have no idea how to edit the CSS the way it needs to be done.

+Zlip792

I agree with your point. Nice build quality Mozilla have. Chrome builds are more risky (once I lost my some bookmarks) while I like Mozilla. I changed PC and also switched browsers. Used Chrome till 10..

]SK[

Just switched back to Chrome from running 4.0 from release day. Sorry Mozilla but Chrome opens and loads pages quicker that Firefox.

The_Decryptor

Support for CSS3 Hyphenation just landed, next nightly should support it for text marked as en-us (First proper OpenType shaping, now auto-hyphenation. Text support is getting good.)

I'd still like to see it implemented into Firefox tbh. And does anyone know when the new theme will land? I'd try to mod the current theme into that but I have no idea how to edit the CSS the way it needs to be done.

It's still being worked on, planned for 6 or 7 (probably make 7 at this point). As for theme adjustments, I haven't seen any bugs, but work is landing in bits and pieces.

mysiskatten
SK[' timestamp=1304531104' post='593956648]

Just switched back to Chrome from running 4.0 from release day. Sorry Mozilla but Chrome opens and loads pages quicker that Firefox.

? .... keep to the topic of thread

Jamushroom

I agree with your point. Nice build quality Mozilla have. Chrome builds are more risky (once I lost my some bookmarks) while I like Mozilla. I changed PC and also switched browsers. Used Chrome till 10..

I've never had any issues with the Chrome Dev-builds. Though 2 weeks ago I've switch from Chrome to Firefox 4 and a few days later to Firefox 5.0a Aurora. The only thing that annoys me are several graphical imperfections. As a graphical designer I easily see those smaller imperfections, as a perfectionist even more so :p If I was able to customize the theme easily, I'd have changed them. But I'll just wait for the theme from the latest mockup to land.

@The_Decryptor: There are no bugs no, but the current theme doesn't look as good as the one from the mockup. As I said above, I'm annoying myself to things like the rounded corners of the buttons. They're not really good looking and when you look closely, they're not even that rounded but more like straight. Also, the hover effects aren't that nice IMO. But, that's just me and my personal taste for a UI.

Also, the reason why I switched from Chrome to Firefox is because Firefox feels a lot more snappier and I was missing a download manager like DownThemAll!. I've also noticed that several sites look nicer in Firefox font-wise. I have Direct2D disabled as I couldn't get used to the current font system in Firefox. And even with that being off some fonts are looking a lot better in Firefox.

torrentthief

Highlight the domain name in the address bar

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=451833

will be in tomorrow's nightly!

edit:

it's in latest hourly:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/tinderbox-builds/mozilla-central-win32/1304433556/firefox-6.0a1.en-US.win32.zip (win32)

but there's not enough contrast IMO

51828860.png

looks awful, just make the domain red or something, making the rest light grey is too hard to read :(

grayscale

So, in the latest nightly, (and actually on the stable, before 4.0.1), instead of updating, I always get an "Updates are available at http://nightly.mozilla.org/" instead of fx downloading the updates. Anybody else experiencing this?

Edit: Got it, forgot to run on admin :p

kilara1988

I've never had any issues with the Chrome Dev-builds. Though 2 weeks ago I've switch from Chrome to Firefox 4 and a few days later to Firefox 5.0a Aurora. The only thing that annoys me are several graphical imperfections. As a graphical designer I easily see those smaller imperfections, as a perfectionist even more so :p If I was able to customize the theme easily, I'd have changed them. But I'll just wait for the theme from the latest mockup to land.

@The_Decryptor: There are no bugs no, but the current theme doesn't look as good as the one from the mockup. As I said above, I'm annoying myself to things like the rounded corners of the buttons. They're not really good looking and when you look closely, they're not even that rounded but more like straight. Also, the hover effects aren't that nice IMO. But, that's just me and my personal taste for a UI.

Also, the reason why I switched from Chrome to Firefox is because Firefox feels a lot more snappier and I was missing a download manager like DownThemAll!. I've also noticed that several sites look nicer in Firefox font-wise. I have Direct2D disabled as I couldn't get used to the current font system in Firefox. And even with that being off some fonts are looking a lot better in Firefox.

For the font issue:If you are using nightly there are several settings that landed in the about:config for manipulating font rendering.Changing "gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.rendering_mode" to 2 changes the text rendering mode to GDI Classic and fonts look perfect without switching HA off.

SkyDX

For the font issue:If you are using nightly there are several settings that landed in the about:config for manipulating font rendering.Changing "gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.rendering_mode" to 2 changes the text rendering mode to GDI Classic and fonts look perfect without switching HA off.

Is there any way to achieve this in 4.01 Final?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now