[iOS] Dream:Scape - a creepy game powered by Unreal

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/13/unreal-powered-dream-scape-coming-to-ios/

Developer Speedbump Studios refers to Dream:scape as "an explorable narrative," tasking players with reconstructing the past of Wilson, a man "caught in the limbo between life and death." If that pitch hasn't hooked you, maybe the mere mention of Unreal Engine 3 graphics will -- a so far marginally tapped resource for iOS games.

Dream:scape is headed to iPhone and iPad "soon." Check out the ethereal, semi-spooky trailer after the break.

Looks really sweet, but not much info on gameplay. Liking the time period too - saw that Bee Gee air racer in the hangar and got excited - the mid-late 30s is a great time period in American history and really hasn't been explored too much in gaming.

Has a very "Alan Wake" feel to it

I thought the same thing.

Color me interested, although I would like to have some sort of indication about the gameplay, but I am interested for sure.

• 1 month later...

The story is quite catchy - already I really feel like I want to know more. It'd be nice if it was more than just iOS though - the screen is just too small.

That's what an iPad is for, you know :p

• 2 weeks later...

It's out now at $1.99. Pretty cool game. The main story is not too long - maybe an hour - but the graphics are very good and the sound design and voice acting are top notch.

At this point, I'd give it 3/5. The story is too short in my opinion so I'll take away a point for that and QTE are just pure fail unless implemented properly, and in this case, they're not, so another point off.

Not a bad game overall and it definitely has a lot of potential with some further polishing.

Edited by metal_dragen