• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Wii 2 Rumors

Xilo    932

oh lol

And who says it's a custom format? I instantly thought of Blu-Ray when it said it would be using 25GB disks.

Wii = ****ty online (friendcodes), no dvd, 480p graphics, no hdmi

NDS = ****ty online (friendcodes)

3DS = lots of small problems (extreme character limit for status, friendcode but single, etc)

Wii2 = want to compete with HD graphics but no harddrive (pretty much means no DLC, no disk installs to speed up loadtimes, no real content updates for games), possibly no blu-ray

etc

If they were using blu-ray, why not just come out and say it instead of "it will use 25GB disks"?

iamawesomewicked    80

3DS = lots of small problems (extreme character limit for status, friendcode but single, etc)

Wii2 = want to compete with HD graphics but no harddrive (pretty much means no DLC, no disk installs to speed up loadtimes, no real content updates for games), possibly no blu-ray

etc

If they were using blu-ray, why not just come out and say it instead of "it will use 25GB disks"?

They'll just make it "on-disc" DLC, where all you need is a 14kB file to unlock it.

The Teej    203

etc

Okay... Wii also had a lot of good points too. Like the Virtual Console. and the motion controller, and the price (at the time of launch, anyway). Also introduced a bunch of new people into gaming, which is never a bad thing.

NDS was the first to bring a long a dual screen/touch screen combo gaming device, it was pretty revolutionary for its time and most people forget this. It's also 7 years old and people forget this too.

3DS... well, the 3D for a starters. I haven't really played with or got a 3DS so I can't really say either way.

Wii 2... well, none of this stuff is official. Nintendo haven't said a word about it other then "Check E3", so whoever is getting this information (if its even real) said its using 25GB disks. A lot of this leaked information is chinese whispers.

Granted, the friend code business is bad. But the lack of HDMI/HD, well, the Wii wasn't designed to be that kind of console. Also, at the time, HD up-take was really rather slow and the Wii was designed to be a low-cost console, so it didn't make any sense to include HDMI or anything relating to HD. Obviously the Wii is showing its age, but that's because it's 5 years old and that's the typical life span of a games console. Only reason why the 360 and the PS3 have got such long legs is because it's a powerhouse of a console (it was a little too overpowered to begin with, and this hurt both MS and Sony financially big time) and firmware update support from both sides.

dead.cell    4,697

I just hope their next system doesn't set such short limitations for the developers. I'd really like to see something awesome from the third-parties than more Mario, Donkey Kong, etc. :/

S00N3R FR3AK    45

Ugh my phone comes with 8GB of flash memory. I feel like they could at least do 16 or something.

nub    181

I like all the complaining about the 8 gb space limit. The current wii only has 256 mb

gooberdrops    0

You Wii naysayers are missing a very important point.

Not everyone wants or needs to play hardcore games. There are probably (pulling that from my ass) more casual or family oriented gamers out there than any other.

Although I'm sure Nintendo would love to have a slice of the hardcore gaming out there but let's face it, they are a family oriented/kid friendly company. In other words, you don't neccessarily need to compete with Microsoft or Sony on a graphics level. Nintendo games, although I hate to admit it, are fun.

majortom1981    242

No hard drive + custom disc format = Fail

Seriously, Nintendo can never get anything right.

The wii has custom discs and did pretty well. Also keep in mind nintendo probably doesnt have the resources to support hdd's hdd's in a console means having the resources to replaces them and test them. Usually in pc's hdd's are the things that fail the most.

The Teej    203

The wii has custom discs and did pretty well. Also keep in mind nintendo probably doesnt have the resources to support hdd's hdd's in a console means having the resources to replaces them and test them. Usually in pc's hdd's are the things that fail the most.

No it doesn't... the Wii uses bog standard DVDs...