• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Thinking to buy a D7000 - But do I need it?

swissdude    3

As title suggests

I'm doing a project with a friend of mine - a website and I'll be doing photoshoots/videoshoots for the site, once every 2 weeks

The main purpose will be -

Shooting glamour style pics (For Web)

Videoshoots (For Web)

Also, want couple of pictures at print size because will sell some posters

-

Now should I invest in D7000? Or is there something cheaper I can get or you would recommend? I am not a professional photographer and with the project, at the same time it's like a learning process for me

Any help appreciated

My budget is $1k but I'd like to see if I can get something in the 500 - 700 range preferably. It's just I heard lots of big things about D7000

Billus    135

If you can afford it, go for it. It's not worth settling for less and then always wondering if you could have done better i.e. Nikon D7000. It'll kill you inside.

Edit: If you want to shave off some dollars, I'd shop online. Look at eBay and other various places.

Argote    73

While there are some other cameras that will fit the bill, the D7000 is currently very good and is probably worth springing for.

sundayx    127

There's always the D5100 if the D7000 is out of budget, which IMO is slightly better for video because of flip-out screen and 1080p@30.

crazzy88ss    65

What I see the D7000 doing better than the D5100 is sports, due to the FPS differences.

sask    0

Yeah I just went through that same decision. I bought a D7000 after thinking about it for a while. Do I really really need it? No. I do love the camera though. It's fantastic.

SojIrOu    4

The D5100 would give you the same quality images and videos as the D7000 but the it lacks certain features which only you can decide if it's worthwhile to you.

Have you factored in the lenses you will be using in your budget?