So we passed 10 Million forum posts!

1) Tell us why you joined Neowin:

I joined Neowin after a co-worker was caught surfing the web on my work computer. I went through the history in Netscape (yes, netscape), just to see if he was surfing pr0n, only to discover that he was staying on Neowin throughout our entire lunch break...so I thought, what the heck, why not check it out. My interest at the time was technology, and Neowin was right up my alley! I loved it so much, that I decided to join, and haven't looked back since! This is where I spend most of my time throughout the day, lol! (I have no life)

2) And what kept you here as an active user of the site:

What has kept me hanging around is all the awesome articles/breaking news stories, the awesome people I've seen come and go, the sometimes hilarious posts, but most of all, all of the knowledge that I've acquired from this wonderful website. Not to mention, the admins are all truly awesome! Viva la Neowin!!! :cool:

1) Tell us why you joined Neowin

Was a big fan of MS/Windows for a long time and this was the right place to share (and find things) about windows in general.

2) And what kept you here as an active user of the site.

Well call me oldschool, i am not really a big fan of checking hundreds of different websites a day (or more precisely i am getting old hahaha) and Neowin does the Job very well. I browse the website daily and find enough diversity to keep coming to Neowin... I am not a really active poster, though i try to give some help in the web/dev forum from time to time (if nobody already gave a good answer that is), but usually people around here are more than knowledgeable so it's very little use to add something to the discussion !

I lurked for a while following the XP-era and then joined in late 2005. Still here and actively posting.

Great community, pretty hot on the news (despite what the haters may say) and I look forward to being here for many more years

I joined thanks to this Man! cheers John.

and stayed because if the news and great community.

And well done to Neobond and every member of Neowin who helped get to the big 10M

Congrats Neowin.

1) I joined Neowin in hopes of getting my balls tickled. :D Oh and windows news. lol.

2) The tickling of the ballsack and windows news...

So yea, the reason I joined and the reason I stayed are one and the same. THe tickli...uhm windows news.

Woot! Congrats!

Neowin is the first place I go for everything. I check on it daily and more than once daily. It always has the latest news and the forums are always active.

Neowin has:

Latest Hardware Reviews

Latest Tech News

Great user base

Easy To use and professional site

What Neowin doesnt have:

Free cookies

"Neowin: 10 Million posts and counting"

=D

Joined the site after a friend mentioned it to me during a deployment to Iraq. I was looking for someplace that had Tech news and I was also working with Longhorn at the time.

Stayed because This is the best tech community/news site around. I don't post much but I check the site constantly throughout the day during work.

EDIT: I just realized this is my five year anniversary on neowin!!! :laugh:

Joined in Feb 02 as this was the only decent tech based forum at the time and just keep coming back, as you can see don't post a lot though. Lucky enough to win a tier2 subs in one of the give-aways which will be renewed when the time comes.

Thanks a lot Neobond :) ! Very much appreciated :)

You ought to consider it an incentive to post more often. Just saying. :shifty:

why I joined? Found Neowin during Whistler beta, signed up a few years later (hence 2004 X( )

what kept me? Windows beta, Gaming and photography forums

You ought to consider it an incentive to post more often. Just saying. :shifty:

True enough, but well i am the kind to not post for the sake of posting. That said i surely ought to manage more :devil:

I joined Neowin due to the immense community built here and the information I needed at the time (can't remember...) was spelled out here for me. I stick around cause I find a few sections interesting reads.

Congrats Neowin :)

Congratulations everyone!

I'm still around since 2002 because of the news, conversations, good forum threads, and the help and tips!

Thanks everyone who contributed to all those things! I'm also glad i contribute where i can.

Even though I joined in 2001, I still want to say the reasons why I did (I PM'd you this too, Neobond)

I joined because I love the news articles and keeping up on technology was a plus back then working in the help desk as it is today working as a systems administrator.

I have always stayed active because I feel this is the definitive place to look for answers. Even though I might not find all the answers, it is still the FIRST and only site I check for tech news right away (the other site I check, mainly for games, is Bluesnews.) I know I should get out and search the web often, but this site has been fulfilling for me everytime I visit and I think to myself, 'why go elsewhere.?' When I taught college classes for 5 years, I told all of my students about this site more than any other.

Thank you very much for this site. Happy 10 million posts and here's to 10 million more!!!!

Brian

1) Tell us why you joined Neowin;

Thanks, and lets hope we can talk about this again in ten years time (with hopefully 20 Million posts, or more). (Y)

Joined for the tech advice

Stayed for the friendly debate,

something like that anyway...;)

Ahh, I've been a member of Neowin since it launched pretty much, but at some point I created a new forum account, so my join date only shows 2002. I kind of wish I hadn't created a new account so I could see what my original member number was, but oh well. I think I wanted to change my account name and that wasn't as easy back then as it is now, as I just changed my name again, retiring my old Betaz moniker.

So, I guess I'll go ahead and see if I'm one of the lucky 10 instead...

1) Tell us why you joined Neowin;

That's an easy question. I can remember when the site had it's original design (like this: http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200102020630/https://www.neowin.net/). I definitely came here in search of anything Whistler related. I can recall hanging out on IRC with a lot of the staff of the site during that time. Kinda miss those days! That was back when betas were more of an underground type thing rather than these days where everyone is in on the process.

Neowin has ended up being one of a few sites I visit on a regular basis. These days I sit around on the forum new content page and just watch what people are talking about and sometimes chime in. Good for keeping up on what people think about news and products, and a good place to chat.

Here's to 10 million more! :D

1 I can't even remember, I think I just found a tech site I liked, was most likely linked to one of the news stories.

2 I like the news stories and the forums and this is one of the first places I check each day for news and throughout the day.