Good songs by bad artists?

Inspired by the "crap albums by favourite artists thread. :p This one's sort of the opposite though.

Is there any artists out there that you don't like overall (I hesitate to just say "bad artists", because that would just be insulting, and it could start a few heated posts), but there's one or two songs of theirs that you like or love? This could easily be translated to "One-hit Wonders", and it almost certainly will. :p I'll post a few to get it started...

Fightstar - "99" - I was shocked a bit when I first heard this song, as the frontman, Charlie Simpson, before he started Fightstar, was in the boyband Busted. But sadly, it begins and ends at "99". The rest of their repertoire is mediocre and forgettable.

The Buggles - "Video Killed the Radio Star", "Living in the Plastic Age" - I'll start by saying that I respect Trevor Horn (one half of The Buggles) as a musician, and I think he is one of the greatest contributors to British music as a whole, not just as a performer. But his main band, sadly, isn't well-regarded beyond "Video Killed the Radio Star", and frankly, after listening through both albums yesterday, I can understand why. The first album, "The Age of Plastic", was fairly solid overall, but the second album, "Adventures in Modern Recording", nothing good to say about it. It's tragic, really.

Crystal Castles - "Alice Practice", "Vanished" - Honestly, I don't really see the appeal of them. I think most people are just drawn in by the beauty of Alice Glass. Listening through most of their stuff, it seems that in the group, she's just the eye candy, and the resident crazy person. I get the impression that she can't sing, because time you hear her in the songs, her vocals are covered in so many different effects. The closest you get to actually hearing her raw voice is in "Alice Practice". Then if you want to hear her voice behind a wall of different effects, listen to "Crimewave", and "Baptism".

Now I am almost certainly going to come under fire for these next four...

Journey - "Any Way You Want It", "Don't Stop Believin'"

Kansas - "Carry On Wayward Son"

Genesis - "Land of Confusion", "Mama", "I Can't Dance"

Phil Collins - "In the Air Tonight"

Now, I'll just say about these four that I was hoping to find some more gems from them if I delved through their discographies, but sadly, I found almost nothing good. :( Genesis was the best result; I only listened to "Land of Confusion" before, and also, "Mama", but inadvertently in Grand Theft Auto IV. :p The only other good song I found from them was "I Can't Dance". It seems that Genesis' best lineup was when they were a trio and Phil Collins did the lead vocals. So that makes it even more tragic when I couldn't find any other good songs in his solo albums. The best songs I heard were "Sussudio", and "Another Day in Paradise".

And finally, I am going to get ripped for this one, not because they're legends, as that is far from the truth, but because I'm actually admitting that I used to listen to them. :p

Attack Attack! - "Stick Stickly" - Yes, I used to listen to the "crabcore" band. :p But "Stick Stickly" was their only remotely good song. Everything else was utter crap.

Right, over to you...

Really,

You know **** all about music.

Trespass

Nursery Cryme

Foxtrot

Selling England by the Pound

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Those are 5 masterpieces.

As soon as Peter Gabriel quitted the band, Genesis become a really bad pop band.

Woaa..

I can't beleive it....

*snipped*

Remember that it's opinion, and not fact, so don't mercilessly berate people just because they don't like the same things that you do.

Really,

You know **** all about music.

Trespass

Nursery Cryme

Foxtrot

Selling England by the Pound

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Those are 5 masterpieces.

As soon as Peter Gabriel quitted the band, Genesis become a really bad pop band.

Woaa..

I can't beleive it....

Or his taste in music could be different to yours..

For me, I have never like Rhianna, however I do like the song S&M by her.

Remember that it's opinion, and not fact, so don't mercilessly berate people just because they don't like the same things that you do.

Yes, I understand that.

Sorry about that.

Anyway, listen to some Mr. Bungle (Mr. Bungle - Album) or Malajube (La caverne - Album) just to know your opinion about those.

Or his taste in music could be different to yours..

For me, I have never like Rhianna, however I do like the song S&M by her.

Ahh, Rihanna's another one for me. I like "Disturbia" though.

Anyway, listen to some Mr. Bungle (Mr. Bungle - Album) or Malajube (La caverne - Album) just to know your opinion about those.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Mr. Bungle! I'm a bit of a Faith No More fan, but I still haven't got around to listening to Mr. Bungle. I've never heard of Malajube. I'll check them out later, but I'll have to say that I'm not too big on non-English singing artists, with a few German (Rammstein) and Japanese (exist?trace) exceptions.

Ahh, Rihanna's another one for me. I like "Disturbia" though.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Mr. Bungle! I'm a bit of a Faith No More fan, but I still haven't got around to listening to Mr. Bungle. I've never heard of Malajube. I'll check them out later, but I'll have to say that I'm not too big on non-English singing artists, with a few German (Rammstein) and Japanese (exist?trace) exceptions.

Don't worry I'm French(Quebec) and they speak in french and I don't understand what they say(The voice is used like an instrument (Not dominant))

It's a good band to discover.

What Goes Around... / ...Comes Around Interlude - Justin Timberlake

I cannot stand any other Justin Timberlake song, but I love this one!! So for me it's a good song by a bad artist. :)