The Virgin Mary shows herself

what was your conclusion in that based on may I ask lol, you said 'everyone for themselves is what I say' then you said pretty much you can only believe in him, there's no evidence against it. The only reason I like to believe in Jesus is the fact that he disappeared (which was pretty pointless) 'yay I raised from the dead, now I'm just gunna run off and get myself killed again' but i like the idea there is some bloke walking around the middle east that noone believes in anymore trying to hitchike going up to cars 'hey I'm Jesus' and them shouting back at him '**** off you drunk ****'

" Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness (1 Thessalonians 5:1-5)."

So some guy wandering around the desert is not going to be Jesus

so they've recreated the 10 commandments in all religions, shouldn't they really say the same things?

And wow, God really loves himself, supposing those are in order, murder is 6th on the list and taking god's name in vein is 3rd..

so they've recreated the 10 commandments in all religions, shouldn't they really say the same things?

And wow, God really loves himself, supposing those are in order, murder is 6th on the list and taking god's name in vein is 3rd..

If that ****es you off, dont read the bible, its full of contradictions.

Well I suppose God is the most important being out of all of us if you believe in it.

If that ****es you off, dont read the bible, its full of contradictions.

I agree, it says one thing and then somewhere else tells you to do the opposite,

From whenever Jesus was on Earth, along with all the prophets memories of what was said and what really happened, along with endless translations, I just stick to "There is a God, I believe in him, and I will use the bible as a moderate guide taken with a bowl full of salt" (In Fact I don't even read it, I just try to be a good person the way I feel he would want me to be)

So in conclusion, there is no real reason not to believe, but a pretty damn good one to believe

There is no good reason to believe that mythological constructs are real, whatsoever.

And there are many VERY good reasons not to.

For example, you are making decisions about how to live your life based on a fantasy.

That's delusional behavior.

Do you know how many people have wasted their lives waiting for Jesus to come back "any day now" when they should have been accomplishing SOMETHING, anything?

You've been lied to, conned, bamboozled, hoodwinked, either deliberately and cynically (like the televangelists on TV) or self-delusionally by those who've brainwashed you, in a very well-meaning way, since birth in most cases. But they were brainwashed and now they are pawning it off on you.

Why? For the selfish reason that the more people that agree with them, the more validated their worldview becomes, now matter how ignorant it may be. There is comfort in that. The comfort of a willful surrender to ignorance - re Faith.

Because thought requires work. The work of critical thinking and self-examination.

And religion is for the ignorant and lazy.

There is no good reason to believe that mythological constructs are real, whatsoever.

And there are many VERY good reasons not to.

For example, you are making decisions about how to live your life based on a fantasy.

That's delusional behavior.

Do you know how many people have wasted their lives waiting for Jesus to come back "any day now" when they should have been accomplishing SOMETHING, anything?

You've been lied to, conned, bamboozled, hoodwinked, either deliberately and cynically (like the televangelists on TV) or self-delusionally by those who've brainwashed you, in a very well-meaning way, since birth in most cases. But they were brainwashed and now they are pawning it off on you.

Why? For the selfish reason that the more people that agree with them, the more validated their worldview becomes, now matter how ignorant it may be. There is comfort in that. The comfort of a willful surrender to ignorance - re Faith.

Because thought requires work. The work of critical thinking and self-examination.

And religion is for the ignorant and lazy.

It has not changed my life at all, apart from stopping me from doing really bad stuff, I have not been brainwashed, people have not wasted their lives waiting for him to return, they have just lived their lives in such a way that when they die, they go upstairs, not down, being a Christian does not stop you from having a normal life at all.

It just means you believe in something that some others don't.

It has not changed my life at all, apart from stopping me from doing really bad stuff, I have not been brainwashed, people have not wasted their lives waiting for him to return, they have just lived their lives in such a way that when they die, they go upstairs, not down, being a Christian does not stop you from having a normal life at all.

It just means you believe in something that some others don't.

Tell that to the branch davidians

if that's true and he's our creator, why did he create us, he can make the universe in 7days and needs us?

I`m not very educated with the bible, but he wanted company, but he wanted company of good people, so he made us and gave us the choice of deciding on a good or bad action, and not get involved.

Those who made the right choices in life following his ways, he wants to take up to live with him,

Those who make the wrong choices in life, saddens him, but that was his rule and they do not come to live with him.

Tell that to the branch davidians

Yea there are some strange types (Should have said Christians have not wasted their lives waiting on his return) - Can only talk about my own religion.

There are of course those weirdo's who call themselves Christians, I can't remember her name, but she is famous along with her family, and damns anyone to hell if they do not follow the bible to the letter (Anonymous hacked their Church website not long ago if that helps remembering)

I`m not very educated with the bible, but he wanted company, but he wanted company of good people, so he made us and gave us the choice of deciding on a good or bad action, and not get involved.

Those who made the right choices in life following his ways, he wants to take up to live with him,

Those who make the wrong choices in life, saddens him, but that was his rule and they do not come to live with him.

And the holes in that thinking dont raise any red flags for you?

I know that some people won't ever believe in certain things no matter how compelling the evidence. This here, is something scary and as I said in the previous video, call me what you want, but I feel secure in my beliefs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgcg81137w0

LOL You used scary and secure in the same sentence. Can you phrase that sentence any worse?

When I saw the title I thought Virgin Mary shows herself in Playboy May 2011 or Maxim June 2011. I am so disappointed now.

So if a woman came out of nowhere, went on TV and declared that she is the Virgin Mary, you would believe her?

Well if she were on Playboy or Maxim or Penthouse or something like that, I would. I would expect her to get desperate sooner or later, given that she's a virgin.

Nope, if she came down, major things would happen, she wouldn't need the TV to tell people, the world would know instantly, anyway I'm Christian, so believe Jesus willl be the one coming down, not her.

And Thor comes down May 6, 2011. Exciting days!

And the holes in that thinking dont raise any red flags for you?

Which holes ?

He made a group of people, just like when we meet a group of new people, we stick to those who are nice and keep in touch with them, and drop those who are nob'eds

Similar really

Thats how none believers see it, but I`m not getting into a discussion about it, I don't force my beliefs down peoples throats, everyone for themselves is what I say, we will all find out at the end of our lives, if Jesus is fake, no harm done, if he is real, well, those who decided he was a fake are getting cooked lol

Just like you're getting cooked when you find out Islam is the real religion... or Judaism.. Or Norse Gods, Or Greek Gods, Or Roman Gods, Or Hinduism... Or Sikhism... etc etc etc.

You're using pascal's wager which fails when you realize there are a whole hell of a lot more than just two choices.

Besides the obvious logical problems with this, it brings up interesting topics. You're saying you should believe in god just in case he exists becuase you don't want to be punished (for all of eternity, isn't that just just). Does the fact that god is using fear tactics to make you believe and obey him mean anything to you? Also, Do you really think you can trick god? Assuming god is all powerful and knows everything, what stops him from seeing right through this. Finally, believing in god can have ill effects on your life. Wasting time worshiping some god that has some deficiency and needs to be constantly told how great he his. I'd much rather spend my time doing something more productive. Perhaps actually help people with the free time. If god gets ****y about that then he is a god that isn't worth worshiping anyways.

Just like you're getting cooked when you find out Islam is the real religion... or Judaism.. Or Norse Gods, Or Greek Gods, Or Roman Gods, Or Hinduism... Or Sikhism... etc etc etc.

You're using pascal's wager which fails when you realize there are a whole hell of a lot more than just two choices.

Besides the obvious logical problems with this, it brings up interesting topics. You're saying you should believe in god just in case he exists becuase you don't want to be punished (for all of eternity, isn't that just just). Does the fact that god is using fear tactics to make you believe and obey him mean anything to you? Also, Do you really think you can trick god? Assuming god is all powerful and knows everything, what stops him from seeing right through this. Finally, believing in god can have ill effects on your life. Wasting time worshiping some god that has some deficiency and needs to be constantly told how great he his. I'd much rather spend my time doing something more productive. Perhaps actually help people with the free time. If god gets ****y about that then he is a god that isn't worth worshiping anyways.

Yea true enough, another religion could be the right one, but not in my eyes.

And yes you should fear God, he does not blackmail you with an eternity in hell, that's just what will happen, he is only explaining it to us (See I used a capital G for God lol)

And yes he can see straight through us, right into our minds and hearts, which is why he knows everything about us, and can not be fooled.

He made us, he will not be fooled by anyone, he is a billion billion billion times, and times that by 999,999,999 X 999,999,999 and more, more intelligent than us, he has put us here for us to make the right or wrong choices and select who he wants to live with him when the time comes through the choices we make.

---

I know its probably invented by someone clever, but BIBLE is said to stand for B=Basic, I=Instructions, B=Before, L=Leaving, E=Earth

Which holes ?

He made a group of people, just like when we meet a group of new people, we stick to those who are nice, and drop those who are nob'eds

Similar really

Angles werent company enough? Why create the company of man only to have man jump through hoops to be with him? Why not show up to prove to man that he is real? Why create a universe so vast only to have life in one place (I was taught in a christian church that Earth is the only place in the universe to contain life, though I know not all christians believe that). If god is all wise and knowing, why play a game that you know every single move before the game has even started? After all, if god created us, then we are in fact playing his game.

Its a bit conceded to create a life just to have that life praise you or else suffer a eternity of damnation.

And yes he can see straight through us, right into our minds and hearts, which is why he knows everything about us, and can not be fooled.

If you knew what all your friends would do and say before you hung out with them, it would get pretty boring after a while. That would make life pretty dull.

16 You must destroy all the peoples the LORD your God gives over to you. Do not look on them with pity and do not serve their gods, for that will be a snare to you.

17 You may say to yourselves, ?These nations are stronger than we are. How can we drive them out?? 18 But do not be afraid of them; remember well what the LORD your God did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt. 19 You saw with your own eyes the great trials, the signs and wonders, the mighty hand and outstretched arm, with which the LORD your God brought you out. The LORD your God will do the same to all the peoples you now fear. 20 Moreover, the LORD your God will send the hornet among them until even the survivors who hide from you have perished. 21 Do not be terrified by them, for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a great and awesome God. 22 The LORD your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little. You will not be allowed to eliminate them all at once, or the wild animals will multiply around you. 23 But the LORD your God will deliver them over to you, throwing them into great confusion until they are destroyed. 24 He will give their kings into your hand, and you will wipe out their names from under heaven. No one will be able to stand up against you; you will destroy them.

Deuteronomy 7:16-24

Better start cracking.

Angles werent company enough? Why create the company of man only to have man jump through hoops to be with him?

Sick pleasure?

Design people who are flawed, punish flawed people forever.

Angles werent company enough? Why create the company of man only to have man jump through hoops to be with him? Why not show up to prove to man that he is real? Why create a universe so vast only to have life in one place (I was taught in a christian church that Earth is the only place in the universe to contain life, though I know not all christians believe that). If god is all wise and knowing, why play a game that you know every single move before the game has even started? After all, if god created us, then we are in fact playing his game.

Its a bit conceded to create a life just to have that life praise you or else suffer a eternity of damnation.

Yes that part about him knowing everything is confusing, if he already knows who is going up and who is going down, why "Play the game"

But God is God, he made that choice for whatever reason he saw right, we will find out (Maybe not in your eyes lol) when we meet him and everything is explained.

Angels were there from the beginning, who do you think Lucifer first was? He tried to over power God and become leader, and look what happened to him.

God is ultimate power, nothing has more, and the things we do not understand as humans, we will one day.

If you knew what all your friends would do and say before you hung out with them, it would get pretty boring after a while. That would make life pretty dull.

Well, not really, you would choose to hang out with the one you were gonna have the best day with!

I've never understood the need to have to believe in something like God and religion in general. If people believed enough in themselves there wouldn't be any need to have to believe in imaginary tales of grandeur.

I've never understood the need to have to believe in something like God and religion in general. If people believed enough in themselves there wouldn't be any need to have to believe in imaginary tales of grandeur.

You can do both, but if you only look out for number one on Earth and there does happen to be a God, what you gonna do then ?

Yes that part about him knowing everything is confusing, if he already knows who is going up and who is going down, why "Play the game"

But God is God, he made that choice for whatever reason he saw right, we will find out (Maybe not in your eyes lol) when we meet him and everything is explained.

Angels were there from the beginning, who do you think Lucifer first was? He tried to over power God and become leader, and look what happened to him.

God is ultimate power, nothing has more, and the things we do not understand as humans, we will one day.

Yes I know angles were there first, thats why I said "they werent company enough". As for Lucifer, there are different stories as to why he became the devil. As for god if you have ultimate power and nothing has more, then the idea of trying to take over becomes laughable. Which makes it harder to believe the idea that he tried to over god.

Well, not really, you would choose to hang out with the one you were gonna have the best day with!

Again, if you know whats going to happen, it makes having a good time that much harder.

So once again, there are way to many holes. A bowl made of Swiss cheese makes more sense.

If you had ultimate power, if you were God, yes of course you would cure everyone and make the world perfect etc (Or do the opposite and completely take over everything - Lucifers plan)

But thats not what he wants, he created the perfect Earth for people, but human free will messed that up, why would he continue to fix things just for us to destroy them again.

Free will is for him to see what we decide

Maybe he can not see into the future, who will go up and who will go down, maybe he can only see into your heart and mind

In my opinion, there is no future already set out, only past and present

Nothing!

lol, or be in the worst place, in the most agony you can ever imagine, for eternity ?

This life is for us to choose where we want to be for eternity, and I know its not downstairs that I want to be.