Orange - The worst internet provider ever!

Omg, Orange has to be the worst provider of internet I've ever dealt with, their customer service is shoddy beyone belief, today my internet has cut out twice randomly and took like 15minutes to reconnect, so I called up Orange asking what's wrong the reply was 'Is it online now?' I replied 'Yes it has just reconnected' to which the customer service rep said 'Oh, so everything is fine then' so I said 'well no it isn't it has cut out twice and doesn't connect for a long time, there is obviously something wrong, and he just kept saying 'but you're online so it's fine'..

We also had an issue with the some time ago, when it was cutting out randomly and they always give the same answer of 'we can't see anything wrong' and the thing is they say it immediately, they don't have time to check in that time period..

Another issue is their speeds, for my area we were supposed to get a consistent 8mb/s download speed as the minimum, I haven't seen 1mb/s in the last about 5 years we've been a customer of theirs. I got 800kb/s which I think is the highest I've seen it in about 5months..

I challenge any of you to beat them as the worst provider!

I used to be with orange. 90% of the time we got a 500k connection, we moved to sky and now get 19mb on the same line!

Yeah, we're waiting on a move to Talk Talk, the change over should be in like 2 or 3 days now, it'll be the happiest day of my life to date.

It's ADSL so what do you expect? Try getting virgin media firbre optic instead!! u wont have many problems then :unsure:

It's not just the speeds, the customer service quite frankly is crap..

Just thought I should say before anyone takes this in a racial sense me saying their customer service is crap, they're not only foreigners, they also have several dumb as f*** british employees..

One quick question, how is Talk Talk, anyone know if they're any good, don't wanna waste more time with another crap provider.. Tbh, atleast I know for a fact they'll be an improvement..

Yeah, we're waiting on a move to Talk Talk, the change over should be in like 2 or 3 days now, it'll be the happiest day of my life to date.

Oh god. I think you are moving to the only provider that is worse than orange!!

If the connection is online what do you expect them to do if theres nothing wrong with it at the time you ring them?

It wasn't when I first contacted them, but also this time fair enough it was sorted, but there was obviously something wrong due to it cutting out twice withing a 2hour time frame.

But from previous experiences their customer service is constistently dreadful.

Oh god. I think you are moving to the only provider that is worse than orange!!

... wait a second, is that even possible..

It sounds like my parents experience with AT&T DSL. I told them not to switch, especially to AT&T. Well they switched back to cable lol, mainly because we couldn't talk via webcam because their internet was so screwed up. I love my Charter internet, but unfortunately thats US and I have no UK experience :blush:

It wasn't when I first contacted them, but also this time fair enough it was sorted, but there was obviously something wrong due to it cutting out twice withing a 2hour time frame.

But from previous experiences their customer service is constistently dreadful.

Yeah their customer services staff told me they would happily give me a PAC code and a new SIM card so that I can take my number with me to another network even though I'm mid-contract, then a couple of days later some guy from Orange called me to discuss it further and explained I would have to buy out the rest of my contract.

Would have been nice for the first person to mention that.. <_<

It's ADSL so what do you expect? Try getting virgin media firbre optic instead!! u wont have many problems then :unsure:

What is wrong with ADSL? I have ADSL, and get an average of about 16mb connection. Slowest it drops to is 11mb.

i have been with Be (www.bethere.co.uk) for 7 years now. They are the best provider out there by far. My previous one was Zen and i was reluctant to change them because of the high quality of service but they were expensive. I never regret switching though. Although Be and O2 are pretty much the same when it comes to network, their customer services departments are different and their product proposition is not the same either.

Signed.

Worst provider ever, period. Signed up with them in beginning of Oct 2010. For 1 whole month, the speed I was getting was <10KB/s (yes, ten). Numerous calls to useless tech support, promises that I would be called back and never was - 1 month later I cancelled my contract.

Two months later, they decided to resume billing me. Called, asked them to stop (they said sure, we will), called bank and told them to block the direct debit. One month later, I get a call from their collection department asking me why my bill is overdue (I'd told my bank to block all direct debits from them). Took 2 more calls to REALLY cancel my account... I was speechless.

Suffice to say, I will never again use ANYTHING Orange.

p.s. On new ISP I get decent speeds, so it wasn't the phone line.

On my twitter feed I see plenty of people complaining about their Virgin connection going down.

Also could be frying pan -> fire with Orange to Talk Talk :)

TalkTalk are good where I live (Essex). The line has probably gone down twice in 4 years we've been with them :)

Their first line technical support are beyond crap as they are on a script. Just ask to be put through to their supervisor or 2nd line support and they are MUCH better and are usually English :D

Does anyone else think that people with an accent you can't understand should use the text-to-speech function on a computer? I mean that would make it so much easier to understand.

Does anyone else think that people with an accent you can't understand should use the text-to-speech function on a computer? I mean that would make it so much easier to understand.

lol! Brilliant idea!

I do agree though that Orange are pretty bad - somebody in the family used to have it with endless problems.

That ISP has been going down hill since Freeserve was bought out.

That ISP has been going down hill since Freeserve was bought out.

I assume that was when they were first founded yes? The way they are seems like the top of their game is when it was just an idea and they hadn't yet had any problems..

http://sirentel.com/?page_id=37

There you go thats the worst, Internet is down almost everyday 60 dollars a month for a 1MB connection thats only about 384 to 515KB unless its in 4AM in the morning and if you call them your lucky to even get someone who answers the phone. Thats the only choice I have too, it a monopoly where I live.