Cisco Linksys E1000 or Netgear WNR2000?

Which Router?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Cisco Linksys E1000 or Netgear WNR2000?

I currently have TekSavvy DSL, 5M/800k. The current router I use cannot handle ddl or torrent traffic well, and resets alot.

I was looking at the:

1. Cisco Linksys E1000

2. Netgear WNR2000

Both are $25 at TD, but does anyone have any personal experience with them? ALSO, I would like to know if they will be able to handle massive traffic transfer when I get cable teksavvy internet, 10mbps or 20mbps speeds.

If you have any others in mind that are DD-WRT compatible, please let me know!

Thanks!

I think you'll be fine with the Cisco Linksys, their stuff is usually quality stuff.

20Mbps isn't really 'massive transfer' :p I'm running on 60Mbps and have not seen any Wireless-N-capable router that can't handle it.

Don't get the WNR2000, I have had three now, and my girlfriend has one and they have all had really bad signal, dreadful performance, constant drop outs and won't let my wireless printer connect.

However saying that I haven't heard great stuff about Linksys routers (however I have no experience with them)

Upgraded to a new Belkin Play Wireless Router (http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/belkin-f7d4302uk-play-wireless-router-06042937-pdt.html) and it's been fantastic. No drop outs or slow connections, full internet speed around the house.

Haven't personally tried a Wireless-N Linksys product, but their B/G devices are great. I've got the WRT54G everyone has, but it's running on stock firmware.

WRT54GL Can handle 70Mbit routing and its ancient (Over 5 years) you'll be fine with either router...

I'd go for the E2000 if you can though.. if you use Wifi - can run 2.4/5GHz and has gigabit ports, alot more future proof plus you can run DD-WRT or Tomato on it

E1000 is a bit meh..

Another vote for Cisco router (s).

Well i just need a quick solution to my current router constantly restarting when downloading, and thus I want the cheapest router for now. Both are $25, so not bad. But they come to $35 with shipping and tax. Anywhere else I can get a different router for $35 ALL included?

I have the E3000 which is just an upgraded E1000, running 15M internet just fine ... plus I can also stream 1080p movies with the wireless N with no lag ... it's a beautiful thing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124407&cm_re=e2000-_-33-124-407-_-Product

Its recertified but will have a warranty, or you could just stump up the extra cash and get it new..

Seriously its better to get something thats future proof and spend that little extra than get something you will have to upgrade again pretty soon.

The e2000 has better wireless, more memory and a faster CPU than the E1000 and should handle over 144Mbit routing so it should be pretty future proof for you.

Guys,

I appreciate the opinions or advice, but I don't really care for futureproof. I live in Canada, which is backwards in internet, and by the time we get internet speeds that will need a "next-gen" router will be who knows when. We are struggling to get 5mbps in some places, 15mbps other places, lol.