Urgent Help Needed ! Windows is destroyed after a partition attempt

he didn't even get to installing the pre-beta build. all he did was mess up the partitions without it. and i doubt he has an authorized copy, usually official testers are a little more cautious

I didnt mess up the partitions, the f*ck*ng retarded program did. The program had gotten 5 stars from CNET which is a supposed trusted site and I followed the instructions step by step. Not my fault its a piece of sh*t software

I didnt mess up the partitions, the f*ck*ng retarded program did. The program had gotten 5 stars from CNET which is a supposed trusted site and I followed the instructions step by step. Not my fault its a piece of sh*t software

if you are using a program to put partitions beyond the drive's limit, how is the program at fault?

if i use a lighter to burn down my house, is the lighter at fault.. or me?

i understand your frustration, but you did it yourself. only one to blame is u

if you are using a program to put partitions beyond the drive's limit, how is the program at fault?

if i use a lighter to burn down my house, is the lighter at fault.. or me?

i understand your frustration, but you did it yourself. only one to blame is u

What restrictions does the drive have. I have read online that people set up quad boots on their macbooks with OS X, a Linux distro usually Ubuntu and two Windows OS

What restrictions does the drive have. I have read online that people set up quad boots on their macbooks with OS X, a Linux distro usually Ubuntu and two Windows OS

for bootcamp to work you can only have 1 big partiton as the boot camp check for it when u run the assisant

also how you got past 3 partitions i would love to know as that seem to be the limit altleaset for me i had to delete the efi system partiton to get futher and that does do it damage as i couldn't create partiton rezise or anything like that also slow bootup down for me

i wish everyone to remember intel mac wise when u create a partition a hidden efi system partiton get created also

also dosn't the gpt create a protechtive mbr

which means that you probley damage that so your going to be very luck to get your date back trust me i had the samething happen and fought with it and just gave up in long run yes i try to do what you done and learnt the conqusences

the only way i heard of people quad booting was using http://refit.sourceforge.net/ i suggest you read what on that site may or may not help

I wish this was a pre-beta problem cause then id have some solace. But the program that caused this was a 5 star rated program by CNET :angry: :angry: :angry:

I didnt come here to listen to insults, I came for help

Yeah, but you did something that thoroughly deserved people commenting on the stupidity of your actions. If you want help, man up and take the flack.

Also: the person in question didn't actually insult you, you are just butt hurt because you did something dumb and are currently dealing with the consequences.

You messed up the partitions. 3 applications refused to attempt to modify the partitions, 2 of them from the providers of the operating systems you use.

You CHOSE to attempt this with random 3rd party software, and CHOSE to do it without backing up first.. Find me one way in which this was not your fault?

For future reference, although you have run into enough nice people on this forum that are willing to help you despite your attitude, there comes a point where in peoples good will dries up in the face of your "hair-dryer" hatred.

Yeah, but you did something that thoroughly deserved people commenting on the stupidity of your actions. If you want help, man up and take the flack.

Also: the person in question didn't actually insult you, you are just butt hurt because you did something dumb and are currently dealing with the consequences.

You messed up the partitions. 3 applications refused to attempt to modify the partitions, 2 of them from the providers of the operating systems you use.

You CHOSE to attempt this with random 3rd party software, and CHOSE to do it without backing up first.. Find me one way in which this was not your fault?

For future reference, although you have run into enough nice people on this forum that are willing to help you despite your attitude, there comes a point where in peoples good will dries up in the face of your "hair-dryer" hatred.

Yes I had forgotten that I am posting at neowin where most of the users tend to think of themselves as almighty gods :whistle:

From all my experiences in partitioning this is the first time, usually if a partition is not able to be made, it will give an error message and resort to the previous state of the disk

Im not denying that I should have taken more precautions, however the deed is done and Im trying to fix it, not to hear how incompetent computer skills are

From all my experiences in partitioning this is the first time, usually if a partition is not able to be made, it will give an error message and resort to the previous state of the disk

you got an error in windows, os x and easeus...

Yes I had forgotten that I am posting at neowin where most of the users tend to think of themselves as almighty gods :whistle:

Says the guy telling people that he doesn't care for their rebukes.

Well played sir.

--

Amazingly enough, all of the reputable applications you tried did just that. So you in your infinite, not even a little godly, wisdom decided to find an application that would ignore that.

You're incompetent. I'm here to comment as I feel fit, and your want and intentions are not greater then mine (nor lesser, but that's a complete aside).

EDIT::

Your -> You're. My mother would be ashamed.

you got an error in windows, os x and easeus...

OS X is not able to resize boot camp partitions, but I trusted the program since it had a 5 star rating from CNET

Says the guy telling people that he doesn't care for their rebukes.

Well played sir.

--

Amazingly enough, all of the reputable applications you tried did just that. So you in your infinite, not even a little godly, wisdom decided to find an application that would ignore that.

Your incompetent. I'm here to comment as I feel fit, and your want and intentions are not greater then mine (nor lesser, but that's a complete aside).

Well if you are here to start talking smack, believe me I'm ready to fight back, so try harder next time :rolleyes:

You could try TestDisk. Before using this program, Read The Documentation! If you don't feel comfortable using this, then you're probably better off trying file recovery software.

This.

I suggest using Disk Utility to get rid of Lion for now and merge it (not much mac experience) to SL. Then once thats safely done, try to create a separately new partition for a temporary Win7 installation and try to recover the "hosed partition" files through explorer on that temporary install. I'm also guessing that after this you more or less are going to have redundant backups of files? Lets not forget a whole ZEROing out of your system and reinstalling SL and then Win7 again as a primary BootCamp. Why not use that build in VMware or VirtualBox (PC AND Mac)?

The program only did what you told it to. Software is like that. You'd already had several other pieces of kinder software refuse to do what you wanted to do - I wonder why you didn't investigate that more?

Partitions and hard drives are a funny business. You need to read up on them, try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_partitioning

There is also a section on recovery so that might be useful - though it talks about things people already mentioned here.

Im not denying that I should have taken more precautions, however the deed is done and Im trying to fix it, not to hear how incompetent computer skills are

OS X is not able to resize boot camp partitions, but I trusted the program since it had a 5 star rating from CNET

Well if you are here to start talking smack, believe me I'm ready to fight back, so try harder next time :rolleyes:

Look, if you want help from people,

1) DONT SHOUT AT THEM OR GET IN SILLY ARGUMENTS

2) Take responsibility

3) Show some humility and appreciation

4) Take notice of what they say

5) Provide feedback (then you can get further advice)

I understand that you are frustrated but you need to calm down so that you can think clearly and get the best out of the people who are willing to help you. You're only making things worse by getting so worked up and turning people off from helping.

After this I hope you've learned some lessons too - playing with partitions is always risky, you have to back up your data. Be careful about any program you use, don't trust it just because some website says it's good. Although, I expect it is a very good piece of software for people who know what they're doing..

Good luck getting your files back.

i may not be able to help you recover your files but for future reference NEVER trust 3rd party partition managers they always seem to mess something up

also, the only partition manager i ever use and trust (besides occasionally the built in windows one) is gParted it works great and has never failed me :)

Access to your files. try www.recovermyfiles.com it is worth the small cost of it and will more than likely be able to recover your files. I strongly suggest installing this on a computer that is not corrupt and using a harddrive to usb type connection to be able to recover your files. You will be able to preview your files to make sure that they are intact prior to purchasing the software, if you find that your files are intact you will have to purchase the software for $70 usd. This software has recovered many files and corrupt harddrives that many of the free softwares couldn't find and other repair services that have deemed the harddrive "doa".

if you have data on your drive the easus partition manager works great at resizing your partitions. if you have no data on your drive or can move data off your drive the windows disk manager works for resizing your partitions.

This.

I suggest using Disk Utility to get rid of Lion for now and merge it (not much mac experience) to SL. Then once thats safely done, try to create a separately new partition for a temporary Win7 installation and try to recover the "hosed partition" files through explorer on that temporary install. I'm also guessing that after this you more or less are going to have redundant backups of files? Lets not forget a whole ZEROing out of your system and reinstalling SL and then Win7 again as a primary BootCamp. Why not use that build in VMware or VirtualBox (PC AND Mac)?

Which build, the 7955 build. The 7955 build has issues in VMWare and VBox according to MDL

The program only did what you told it to. Software is like that. You'd already had several other pieces of kinder software refuse to do what you wanted to do - I wonder why you didn't investigate that more?

Partitions and hard drives are a funny business. You need to read up on them, try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_partitioning

There is also a section on recovery so that might be useful - though it talks about things people already mentioned here.

Look, if you want help from people,

1) DONT SHOUT AT THEM OR GET IN SILLY ARGUMENTS

2) Take responsibility

3) Show some humility and appreciation

4) Take notice of what they say

5) Provide feedback (then you can get further advice)

I understand that you are frustrated but you need to calm down so that you can think clearly and get the best out of the people who are willing to help you. You're only making things worse by getting so worked up and turning people off from helping.

After this I hope you've learned some lessons too - playing with partitions is always risky, you have to back up your data. Be careful about any program you use, don't trust it just because some website says it's good. Although, I expect it is a very good piece of software for people who know what they're doing..

Good luck getting your files back.

I will read up on the article. The reason I decided to go ahead with that specific software is that both Windows and Easeus were showing as 0 bytes available for partition when I had about 90 GB free on that partition. Also I was not shouting or silly arguments. I was merely pssed off that such an event had happened and Im stating that I should have been more careful. I also am following the advice from here and from googling and other forums. Im in the process of running a whole bunch of recovery software from bootable CD's and I have been able to do a partial recovery of some of my files. I will also look into some software that I came upon that claims to restore your partition in such cases, but will only do so after maximal recovery possible of my files. Lastly there are some members on this forums who seem to think they are better than everyone else and go around judging and attacking everyone. This is the impression I got and I was merely rebutting their "arguments." That being said theres a whole lot more nicer people who give advice and which Im using now

i may not be able to help you recover your files but for future reference NEVER trust 3rd party partition managers they always seem to mess something up

also, the only partition manager i ever use and trust (besides occasionally the built in windows one) is gParted it works great and has never failed me :)

Yea, I remember back in the XP days, Easeus was the only manager that was reliable enough for partitioning. Most others would give error messages.

Access to your files. try www.recovermyfiles.com it is worth the small cost of it and will more than likely be able to recover your files. I strongly suggest installing this on a computer that is not corrupt and using a harddrive to usb type connection to be able to recover your files. You will be able to preview your files to make sure that they are intact prior to purchasing the software, if you find that your files are intact you will have to purchase the software for $70 usd. This software has recovered many files and corrupt harddrives that many of the free softwares couldn't find and other repair services that have deemed the harddrive "doa".

if you have data on your drive the easus partition manager works great at resizing your partitions. if you have no data on your drive or can move data off your drive the windows disk manager works for resizing your partitions.

I heard Easeus also has a really solid data recovery program, I will look into that and see what happens.

Good to see your logic and humility hasn't improved even one bit since the last time we had a discussion incident of you raging at everyone else.

Going back to the topic, before you give up, try TestDisk: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

Good to see that you still think whoever has a different opinion than yours is wrong

I am currently in the process of running quite a few data recovery programs. TestDisk is one of them along with the others mentioned so far and others that I came upon in my own research. So far I have been able to do a partial recovery of the files. Im hoping that I can get maximal recovery before today ends, so I can finally be done

Good to see that you still think whoever has a different opinion than yours is wrong

No, I respect people who have opinions that have logical base, not your ragefest of immaturity. When I ask someone for help, I'm generally thankful for any and all help I receive, unlike you apparently.

I was going to be a smart arse here, but I figured I would be the more mature person and just walk away :)

Thanks for the help

No, I respect people who have opinions that have logical base, not your ragefest of immaturity. When I ask someone for help, I'm generally thankful for any and all help I receive, unlike you apparently.

Really ??? I dont feel like getting into conversation right now, but I have been pretty thankful to the people who are helping and those who are just trolling I told them to leave. Nothing wrong in my actions

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed that an unusually large percentage of the people who have disk/data-loss problems also end up being sort of rude and arrogant?

edit: The reason you are being "trolled" (which you aren't) is because you made a silly mistake. That is ok. We all make mistakes. But when we pointed out your mistake, you got flustered, and claimed that this was not your fault in any way.

Most people here don't feel comfortable helping others with that kind of attitude, because chances are, a month or two from now, you'll just do something similar and end up in the same situation.

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed that an unusually large percentage of the people who have disk/data-loss problems also end up being sort of rude and arrogant?

edit: The reason you are being "trolled" (which you aren't) is because you made a silly mistake. That is ok. We all make mistakes. But when we pointed out your mistake, you got flustered, and claimed that this was not your fault in any way.

Most people here don't feel comfortable helping others with that kind of attitude, because chances are, a month or two from now, you'll just do something similar and end up in the same situation.

Let me use this analogy to perhaps help you understand better whats going on

A man gets sick and goes to a doctor to see what is happening. The doctor instead of telling him what to do so he gets better starts pointing and laughing at him and calling him stupid for not taking care of his health. How do you think the sick patient is going to react after this event.

Sorry your files are gone - but to be honest, and you can think its kicking you while your down if you want to.. But its not really about you, its about the next guy reading this thread.. And he just MIGHT think twice before clicking go on software that ###### with the partitions without a backup.

I do hope you can recover your files - I really do!!! Tools have already been suggested that might help.

The statement from you that makes me chime in is

and I followed the instructions step by step. Not my fault its a piece of sh*t software

Ok sure you clicked the shiny buttons - but you clearly just completely disregarded the obvious WARNING!!! to backup your data

post-14624-0-23080600-1304029858.jpg

You have been on neowin a couple of years, there have been loads of users with the same sort of issue as you - partition software X deleted my data, corrupted my disk, etc. etc. What you missed all of them? What do you think the major thing brought up in all of those threads was - BACKUP YOUR DATA!! Sorry it does not take a rocket scientist to comprehend that be it the OS built in tools, 3rd party tool be it free or paid, be it rated with 100 stars, whatever.

For starters you should ALWAYS have a backup of any file you don't want to loose.. But clearly if your going to be dicking with the partition of where that data resides or any partitions on the disk where the data is you should double check that you have a current backup, or run one before you do such a thing.

Sorry but you have no one to blame for the predicament your in other than yourself. I don't care how many stars the software got. It clearly warns you to have a backup! So how is it the software's fault?? And even if it didn't - come on, are you really going to say your that computer illiterate that you did not know better?

Good Luck - But I would chalk it up to lesson learned, and work out your future backup plan for your critical files!