Bad news for WP 7 -- consumer interest is waning

Just a question (not making a point with this beyond the result of the question): What ground breaking changes came with 2.3.4 of Android (3.x is TABLET BASED. Not the same thing) and IOS 5?

Also, Mango is due out in the next 6 or so weeks at last tell.

I don't deny that WP7 lags behind Android and IOS, but I don't think that it's insurmountable.

I'm a steady user of the platform and I think it has legs. I'm also a developer and it works well so far. I wish there was more API access, but it's got legs.

This is the opposite really.

iOS interest is dropping, Android is rising but so is blackberry falling. So people aren't as interested in an iphone or a blackberry so then all those people have to choose between Android and WP7 really. WP7 as a whole will jump when they get more phones.

What about some actual sale figures ?

Microsoft ALWAYS hold these numbers close to their chests.

They hate giving out this kind of information.

Six months later and Windows Phone 7 still doesn't support Dutch, the only mobile OS on the market here that lacks it. For a company the size of Microsoft the Windows Phone 7 launch strikes me as anything but professional.

Six months later and Windows Phone 7 still doesn't support Dutch, the only mobile OS on the market here that lacks it. For a company the size of Microsoft the Windows Phone 7 launch strikes me as anything but professional.

Which is in a planned update.

To the best of my knowledge, Windows Phone is not even meant to be available in your market place.

Microsoft ALWAYS do this. They release, make sure it works, then expand functionality.

Dutch is due in Mangos, along with Swahili.