Audio Podcast from Video Podcast

Hey guys,

I subscribe to a number of TWiT podcasts and I prefer to watch the video versions of the shows and so that's what I subscribe to in Zune. However, what I really want is the ability to take that video feed and make Zune sync it as just audio on my phone so that I don't need to have two subscriptions for each show.

Is this doable?

- Andrew

Wait, so lemme get this straight. You wanna subscribe to the video TWiT podcast but only have it play audio on the device?

What you could do is i guess do subscribe to both but right click the video one and choose never sync to device. Still means you'll have to manage 2 different podcasts as they are 2 different feeds (think of it like 2 different shows - the software doesn't know or care that they are from the same address or produced by the same people).

Wait, so lemme get this straight. You wanna subscribe to the video TWiT podcast but only have it play audio on the device?

What you could do is i guess do subscribe to both but right click the video one and choose never sync to device. Still means you'll have to manage 2 different podcasts as they are 2 different feeds (think of it like 2 different shows - the software doesn't know or care that they are from the same address or produced by the same people).

Yeah that's what I've been doing. I was just hoping there was a way to transcode it to audio only when syncing like it does when converting it to a format suitable for the phone. Ah well, a future release maybe :)