Should I get a lawyer?

You may want to think twice before mentioning "lawsuit" to the employer before you've consulted with attorneys. You might severely harm your case, or agree to something in a manner that you can't enforce and yet ends up screwing you over. You should be able to have free initial consultations with most that handle things like this. They will certainly be far more informed of applicable laws.

I would generally think that PR concerns of the employer favor your ability to obtain an out-of-court settlement, but I would get an attorney on it, *not* do it yourself in *any* way. If anything, they might blow you off with a severance package far less than what you'd get in court.

If an attorney messes something up, heck, you can then even go get another attorney to sue *them* for malpractice and the like, and mishandling of the original case is not your fault. One of the biggest messes you can do in situations like this is try to handle them yourself and do or say things that can harm you further.

Once you recognize an arm is probably broken, you're best off if you minimize disturbance of it and get to a doctor. Just trying to "set it" yourself can do you far more harm than good. Same thing here.