LA Noire is a big game it seems

Just completed it - a total "WTF seriously" at the end, it just felt as if they wanted to skip the whole storyline and just end the game. Hardly anything was explained. Expected a lot more, would not recommend it.

it wasn't bad, but yeah, definitely underwhelming, you're right about that. could have been so much more considering all the effort that's gone into it.

Just completed it - a total "WTF seriously" at the end, it just felt as if they wanted to skip the whole storyline and just end the game. Hardly anything was explained. Expected a lot more, would not recommend it.

What wasn?t explained exactly?

All those newspapers that you collect and flash-backs between cases explain a lot about Cole and the other marines. They basically explain why you had huge investigations in the Vice desk. And about the Arson cases, on the 2nd or 3rd case they pretty much spill the beans on everything already, making the investigation a little boring, but since there?s actually a storyline at the end it?s still impossible to quit the TV without finishing the game.

I don?t think they missed anything, if you replay it you?ll understand everything just fine. But yeah, the ending came faster than I thought. I mean, I have read the biography of Phelps on Wikipedia before (don?t do this if you don?t want to be spoiled!) and didn?t see the event coming at all. But in a sense it?s a good thing because they still managed to surprise me.

Yeah, I think everything was explained at the end of the story as well.

The DLC cases actually do add a little more to the story, tho not directly, you do get more in depth about Cole's persona, especially in the Vice cases. What's-his-nuts, the Vice partner, even lets slip "something big is about to go down".

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So L.A. Noire can be pre ordered on Steam now. I gotta say I am severely disappointed in Rockstar. Why no Red Dead Redemption? I guess this officially means we'll never see it on the pc. Sad.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/110800/

It comes with all the dlc released for the console versions and pre ordering will also get you a free copy of GTA III, it's also 10% off.

• 1 month later...