LA Noire is a big game it seems

Only way to play heavy rain is with the Move controller. With that, the game is just amazing. The story , graphics, and voice acting are top notch. And having the Move makes it seem more fluid.

Disputable, still awesome with DS3 :p

Heavy Rain is on its way to me as we speak, and L.A. Noire is going to be on my "got to get this, even if I have to sell every item I own to get it" list. I. Can. Not. Wait.

I can't wait to get LA Noire, but I'm going to have to do more waiting than most of us. I have exams starting on the 23rd, and I have a feeling I'd find myself neglecting them to play LA Noire, or cutting corners at least. I'm going to have to hold out until the 13rd of June before I can get it, because that's when the exams end. I don't need any distractions with them, and I'm trying to avoid buying any games until they're over.

Pre-ordered it yesterday for my 360, only difference I expect between the two is the number of discs.

I honestly cannot wait for this game to show up through my mailbox. It's a bit of a shame that it will arrive midway through my exam period though, so it seems I'll have to hold it back for a while. Oh well.

Watch that video and tell me you arent impressed...

Honestly, I'm not. The facial animation doesn't look believable, the bodies aren't anywhere near realistic (A common issue with Rockstar games), and when watching the video I couldn't help but notice that the heads weren't entirely connected to the bodies (their neck was moving but their shirt wasn't)

Pre-ordered it yesterday for my 360, only difference I expect between the two is the number of discs.

Initially, PS3 version does get exclusive content. No word if that will show up on 360 later on, tho.

I agree its not perfect but they arent aiming for reality, they are using it to try and innovate gameplay mechanics by being able to read someones emotions from their facial expressions.

Oh wow, that is really a terrible idea, atleast, it sucks for me... =/

I still have a 20GB X box and everytime I get a new game I have to uninstall my last new game, and install the new one because my disc drive doesn't really work anymore, except to do that, and launch a game. If I try and play a game for too long, it errors out, and stops working for awhile. To get it to even do this much I had to open it and adjust the ohms and whatnot...

I guess...I won't be getting LA Noire....

This really makes me sad and a bit peeved.

Oh well.... :(

Unlike the PS3 you don't have to install games with the Xbox 360, you can just play from the disc!

Might not be the case

Slight Hiccups

When it comes to a game as big as Grand Theft Auto, having a perfect game with no graphical hiccups are mostly impossible. In L.A. Noire, the game is no stranger to this issue. At majority part of the game especially the Xbox 360, players will be experiencing graphical hiccups where the screen will tear or something will freeze for a couple of seconds. The frame rate drops a lot on the Xbox 360 version while the PS3 is flawless. If the players will be getting L.A. Noire on the Xbox 360, I highly suggest to install them on the hard drive. PS3 owners will don?t have to worry about that but there will be a mandatory installation waiting for you.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/05/16/l-a-noire-review/

GiantBomb

the PlayStation 3 game is the clear-cut winner. Both versions of the game look fantastic, but there were a few instances of painful frame rate drops and objects drawing in too slowly on the Xbox that didn't exist on the PS3.

Nice. Glad to see my intuition was right on this and the game apparently does run better on the PS3 then the 360. Just made sense to me it would since it was the lead platform exclusively for quite some time at it's inception.

So Gametrailers has their Video Review up. They give it a 9.1

I don't get this statement...

PS3 owners will don?t have to worry about that but there will be a mandatory installation waiting for you.

:unsure:

Nice. Glad to see my intuition was right on this and the game apparently does run better on the PS3 then the 360. Just made sense to me it would since it was the lead platform exclusively for quite some time at it's inception.

So Gametrailers has their Video Review up. They give it a 9.1

IGN gave it 8.5, gamespot gave it 9.0. It's good that it's been getting solid reviews across the board, not that I needed much justification to play this.

Well, hopefully installing to the HDD on 360 fixes the issues. Even then, I don't think they would be game-changing. Had similar issues with GTAIV before I got my Elite.

I really, really hope the cases are difficult in this game. I want some challenge.

Dude if you're going to quote a site at least post the entire quote...

GiantBomb also says:

This is splitting hairs since, both games look good enough that you should just get the one on the platform you prefer, though the PS3 also has the added benefit of being on a single disc to the Xbox's three, and includes an exclusive downloadable case (which I didn't get to try, and you probably won't be able to play either until the PlayStation Store is back online).

GamesRadar:

The PS3 has a clear edge here, as the entire game is packed onto a single disc (as opposed to three discs on the 360, which to be fair aren?t much of a hassle to swap out), and it comes with a download voucher for an extra traffic-desk case. Otherwise, there aren?t a lot of noticeable differences between the two versions, although we?ve put together a video of both (captured at 720p) running side-by-side in case you?d like to see for yourself:

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/la-noire/review/la-noire-review/a-2011051610273854971314/g-20060925125818172039/p-3

Firstly its a Rockstar game thats not GTA, Red Dead was amazing this is going to be more of the same. Secondly the length theyve gone to capture even the most subtle changes in someones facial features is really revolutionary. In other games youd have to tell by the way someone is speaking what mood they were in and if they were lying. This game you can watch their facial features to see if they have a tell as to what they are up to.

Watch that video and tell me you arent impressed...

..... Wow. I didnt think much about this game but after see that I will get it later on.

Okay here's some Lensoftruth comparisons,

Lens of Truth posted their screenshot comparison; the biggest difference in the screens is that only the PS3 version has SSAO:

alAuY.jpg

OtaLW.jpg

maLRk.jpg

EV7QT.jpg

QtFwS.jpg

dInWM.jpg

vNsEC.jpg

YDyFe.jpg

More at link (it's being hammered though): http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-l-a-noire-screenshot-comparison/

Nice to see the PS3 version doesn't have the lighting bug (The pillars in the bridge are lit up on the 360)

Yea, but it's subtle. I hate playing games that are so dark and you can't see crap. I'm still torn at which version to get. Keep hearing the PS3 ver. is better...