Samsung Galaxy S II

Ordered mine the other day and will be getting it next week! :) Was wondering where did you find the Samsung cases on-line? I ordered the one with the curve on last night from Amazon and have now seen in your review of it that it is a dust magnet so was wondering where you got the other ones from? Especially the one made my Samsung themselves which you have made photos of,

Thanks, Tim

Ordered mine the other day and will be getting it next week! :) Was wondering where did you find the Samsung cases on-line? I ordered the one with the curve on last night from Amazon and have now seen in your review of it that it is a dust magnet so was wondering where you got the other ones from? Especially the one made my Samsung themselves which you have made photos of,

Thanks, Tim

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Samsung-i9100-Galaxy-Black/dp/B0050N42QU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1306060982&sr=8-2

I just got my case the other day and it's pretty nice. It's a pity I'm still waiting on the actual phone :p

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Samsung-i9100-Galaxy-Black/dp/B0050N42QU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1306060982&sr=8-2

I just got my case the other day and it's pretty nice. It's a pity I'm still waiting on the actual phone :p

Thanks! :) Il use the one i ordered already when i get the phone then order either the genuine Samsung one the other one mrk recommended, wish i hadnt ordered the dust magnet one now! ha

mrk, out the two, which would you recommend? :)

Thanks, Tim

Well took the plunge and went for one. Had a play with it in the O2 shop and had to! Charging as we speak :p I think I'll end up ordering one of those mesh cases too.

• 2 weeks later...

do the cases stay on well?

mine always used to fall off since they were only held on by small clips.

I don't think my case stays on that well. I'm using the official one from Samsung. Whilst it doesn't actually come off the phone, it unclips from one side when it's in my pocket. I think however the case I've got was a little bent when I got it.

Phone has dropped twice on official case and it has stayed on the case perfectly fine. Can't recommend it enough!

I also got the Nillkin case from Korea which is also fine but has a slight manufacturing defect:

sgs-ii_samsung__vs__nillkin-case.jpg

Defect:

sgs-ii_nillkincaseissue.jpg

And my review of the official Samsung car dash mount @ OcUK http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19239480&postcount=79

And the MHL Cable that is arriving tomorrow :D

Here's a youtube video showing what can be done:

Phone has dropped twice on official case and it has stayed on the case perfectly fine. Can't recommend it enough!

I also got the Nillkin case from Korea which is also fine but has a slight manufacturing defect:

Both cases look fantastic!

Especially the one with the Android logo.

• 1 month later...

Hey,

This is my first Samsung phone, and I am really happy with it. Just one question, how can i get Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread (modded version from Cyanogen 7 nightly) on my phone? Does anyone have a link where i can upgrade my phone, if so please let me know.

THank you.

Wow now this looks sexy! So many new smart phones I do not know what to choose for my next one, right now I have a Nexus S.

Don't let the "fragmentation" FUD fool you, and Samsung was pretty good at getting updates released, it was at least here in the US the carriers that screwed us over

I wouldn't say it's fooling me really, but I know what you are saying.

The problem is that every carrier or country has different updates and those updates are released in varying times in the year.

With iPhone it's uniform, when it's released to iTunes, then everyone has it.

I know Android will get better, and I'll definitely look at getting an Android handset next time I have an upgrade.

Wow Robbie, your S2 looka fantastic !

I just got my S2 a couple of days ago ^^

Just like to check with you what widget did you use for the task organizer in your home screen ?

Or is that a configuration with minimalist text ?

Don't mind if you can share it please ? I love to have that in my phone too :D

This phone I think sets the standard for high-end Android phones for the next 8 or so month, brilliant phone that can actually standup against its iOS rival from the looks of it.

I have to say, I got this phone recently, and it keeps on impressing me. Not least of all the battery life is astounding for a smartphone!

Now if only they would release this phone i the USA already so that I can replace my OG Droid with it. :(

i recently got his phone. its very nice. i really should get a case for it soon though :p

any recommended apps?

also, im guessing the only way to get rid of the samsung apps is to flash a new/different rom & root it.

i recently got his phone. its very nice. i really should get a case for it soon though :p

any recommended apps?

also, im guessing the only way to get rid of the samsung apps is to flash a new/different rom & root it.

No need for the custom rom to remove apps just root it, However, if you want to get rid of touchwiz you will most likely have to use a custom Rom

Keep in mind that Samsung gave an unlocked unit to the folks that make Cyanogen mod so I would expect soon for there to be a Working Version of Cyanogen mod for the device.

No need for the custom rom to remove apps just root it, However, if you want to get rid of touchwiz you will most likely have to use a custom Rom

Keep in mind that Samsung gave an unlocked unit to the folks that make Cyanogen mod so I would expect soon for there to be a Working Version of Cyanogen mod for the device.

ah cool, thanks.

I dont mind touchwiz. just the things like samsung apps/hub that i dont use :p

Yup. Galaxy S II @ XDA

ah cool, thanks.

I dont mind touchwiz. just the things like samsung apps/hub that i dont use :p

Yeah just root the phone and use root explorer mount the \data\app directory and delete the APK files of the applications you want to get rid of (back them up first of course just in case)