Samsung Galaxy S II

Yeah just root the phone and use root explorer mount the \data\app directory and delete the APK files of the applications you want to get rid of (back them up first of course just in case)

excellent, thanks! :D

do you happen to know of the best app for rooting, or are they all pretty much the same? :p

excellent, thanks! :D

do you happen to know of the best app for rooting, or are they all pretty much the same? :p

There are many tools Gingerbreak is popular however, after a quick search i found a tutorial on that specific phone

LINK

There are many tools Gingerbreak is popular however, after a quick search i found a tutorial on that specific phone

LINK

awesome thanks! i'll take a look :)

I'd recommend applying root via Odin using Chainfire's rooted kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1103399

That does appear to be a much better method.

Just waiting for this phone to cross the pond and i will give it a go myself.

Currently using an OG Droid with Cyanogen Mod 7.1rc and Chevy01 Ultra Low-v 1.25Ghz Kernel :p

I used Odin originally, now I just use CWM recovery and update via that directly from the phone. I am running VillainROM 2.0 which is GB 2.3.4 which came out a few days ago. Runs smooth as silk :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey my first Post :)

I will buy me a SGS2 in September and looking around what i will need ...

Your customisations are very cool! I will try to get my Phone near that look :)

Have you tested USB-OTG?

It would be cool if your keyboard would work with the SGS2.

sgs-ii_07.jpg

Look at the utilities folders. That was copied from iOS. No wonder Apple is ****ed and suing.

That's Go Launcher EX not the Samsung Galaxy S2 launcher.

Get your facts straight before making assumptions :laugh:

• Like 1

That's Go Launcher EX not the Samsung Galaxy S2 launcher.

Get your facts straight before making assumptions :laugh:

Whatever....The point is they are copying Apple's design and that is why they are getting sued.

Look at the utilities folders. That was copied from iOS. No wonder Apple is ****ed and suing.

Hahahaha, you absolute epic fail! In your attempt to make a point, you posted a photo of a Galaxy S2 that is not running the Galaxy S2 launcher - it's a modified launcher that is emulating the Apple folder. Oh well done, very well done in making no point whatsoever other than showing your personal agenda.

Whatever....The point is they are copying Apple's design and that is why they are getting sued.

Whatever? LOL, that's your defence? For posting a 100% unrelated picture to push a point? Oh very well done! Troll elsewhere...

Does it look look like an iPhone when stock? Well ok yes - it does. It has a grid of icons, but as have phones for quite some time. It has a single button yes, but wow - is it fair to bitch over something so generic? Typical Apple imho.

The point was, that is not official Samsung Galaxy S2 utilities folder.

For those of you are in UK, does the SGS2 have the NFC baked in?

It should.

AFAIK thought the North American version will NOT have NFC. The SG2 is out here in Canada and does not come with NFC.

The UK model DOES NOT have NFC. Moreover, I don't see a need for it yet. I wanted it, I'm often an early adopter. But I had no desire to wait for the v2 release with NFC. It has a lesser chip (Tegra2) and in all honesty NFC would be nice but with whom would I use it? I've yet to see any NFC devices around my area, or any friends with them.

There where rumours of a revised NFC handset appearing in the UK around June / July but they haven't materialised.

IMO, there are several Tegra 2 based games worthy of playing such as Fruit Ninja THD, Pinball HD THD, Riptide GP THD and Samurai II: Vengeance THD for example. By default a standard SGS2 is unable to play them due to the obvious lack of a Tegra chip, but once again, Chainfire released a customised OpenGL driver that allows you to specify the desired graphics chip to appear on a games execution (Nvidia, PowerVR and Qualcomm). It's not perfect but it's impressive nonetheless (the afore mentioned games run flawlessly) and opens up a quality gaming market that wasn't available.

You can read more about it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1087427

I got this phone the day it came out, i had the Galaxy S beforehand and had no issues bar lag, but this SGS2 is an amazing phone, i actually cannot find 1 fault with it so far!! All features work well with no "lag" at all!

UK model doesnt have NFC, no use anyway round my area!! :)

Hahahaha, you absolute epic fail! In your attempt to make a point, you posted a photo of a Galaxy S2 that is not running the Galaxy S2 launcher - it's a modified launcher that is emulating the Apple folder. Oh well done, very well done in making no point whatsoever other than showing your personal agenda.

Whatever? LOL, that's your defence? For posting a 100% unrelated picture to push a point? Oh very well done! Troll elsewhere...

Does it look look like an iPhone when stock? Well ok yes - it does. It has a grid of icons, but as have phones for quite some time. It has a single button yes, but wow - is it fair to bitch over something so generic? Typical Apple imho.

ahahaha nice one!!

+1!!!

Ahh that sucks about NFC, for some reason I thought the UK model did.

All I know is my next phone must have NFC for making purchases via Paypass terminals. Want to get rid of my wallet.

Ahh that sucks about NFC, for some reason I thought the UK model did.

All I know is my next phone must have NFC for making purchases via Paypass terminals. Want to get rid of my wallet.

We may have use for it in about 15 years....this country is so far behind!! :)

Where have they copied Apple's design? The phone itself looks similar but a lot of smartphones do these days.

The UK model DOES NOT have NFC. Moreover, I don't see a need for it yet. I wanted it, I'm often an early adopter. But I had no desire to wait for the v2 release with NFC. It has a lesser chip (Tegra2) and in all honesty NFC would be nice but with whom would I use it? I've yet to see any NFC devices around my area, or any friends with them.

McDonalds and Starbucks are rolling out NFC.

A couple of other shops in my area have them too but it's definitely still a rare sight.

I'm not buying a new phone unless it has it built in because I think it'll become quite popular soon. :p

I know the US version will not have NFC, but I will be living in UK for the next year so I was hoping they had released their update version of SGS2 with NFC baked in. Seems like they haven't. Either way, I will be getting the SGS2 in two weeks regardless of whether they have it or not and can compensate later on by purchasing a SIM card with NFC chip (yes, these have been developed).

NFC is still primitive on the deployment front although it has been garnering a lot of support from banks and retail for rapid deployment when the time comes. How soon is largely dependent on Apple including NFC in the iPhone 5 as that will practically ensure the technology will be adopted in mass and justify companies to spending hundreds of millions to install new payment terminals and chips into credit cards and devices.

Hey my first Post :)

I will buy me a SGS2 in September and looking around what i will need ...

Your customisations are very cool! I will try to get my Phone near that look :)

Have you tested USB-OTG?

It would be cool if your keyboard would work with the SGS2.

I really would like to know ;)

i have not personally tested it (as the phone is not currently out in the US) however from what i am lead to believe from other websites is that it is supposed to work. ( I have tested it on my xoom which has Android 3.2 on it and it works rather well.)

whenever the SG2 comes out for Verizon i will be picking one up. or at least that is the plan.

McDonalds and Starbucks are rolling out NFC.

I've conciously not been to a McD in over 6 months now - but starbucks, fair play ;)

Let me put it this way... I like the idea of NFC, and my NEXT phone (2 years?) will definately have it IF it takes off between now and then :)