Samsung Galaxy S II

Hi,

I am using LeoMar's ROM, version 2.7.1. Everything just works on it so wil keep it until Ice Cream Sandwich or I upgrade to Galaxy Nexus :)

I posted this in the XDA thread as well but....matte SGS II :)

sgs-ii_matte-2.jpg

sgs-ii_matte-3.jpg

sgs-ii_matte-4.jpg

sgs-ii_matte-5.jpg

Some used fine sand paper, I used a kitchen scouring pad.

*argh* take em away, i dont wanna see this :p had to spend 200 euro for something else (had no choice :( ) and now i can ditch my idea to get me the sgs2 for this month. i decided to wait till xmas and hope the htc rezound makes it to europe ... oh well ...

Smartphones market is currently fast moving indeed :p The S2 will remain the flagmost powerful phone out until Feb time when we catch wind of the S3 so I say go for it if you can, there's nothing to lose :p

We also get Ice Cream Sandwich officially around then too from Samsung.

Got my SGS2 last Friday, I've already rooted it and installed MIUI on it, :D It's so fast and slick, loving the phone so much. Scoring ~ 5,400 - 5,700 in Quadrant too! :D

Got my SGS2 last Friday, I've already rooted it and installed MIUI on it, :D It's so fast and slick, loving the phone so much. Scoring ~ 5,400 - 5,700 in Quadrant too! :D

Been using LightningRom for the past two months but it's a bummer LitePro stopped development. Haven't really had much time to mess around with other roms.

Which MIUI did you flash?

Been using LightningRom for the past two months but it's a bummer LitePro stopped development. Haven't really had much time to mess around with other roms.

There is a project somebody took up after Lite'ning ROM didn't go anywhere. It's been updated to 2.3.5 with a few tweeks :) :

http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=19146382

232963994t.png

You might want to look into Checkrom as well. It's highly supported and when combo'd with the kitchen app included it's a breeze to use. No needing to worry about incompatibilities as the devs upload themes, mods, kernels etc all ready to apply.

You might want to look into Checkrom as well. It's highly supported and when combo'd with the kitchen app included it's a breeze to use. No needing to worry about incompatibilities as the devs upload themes, mods, kernels etc all ready to apply.

Yeah, this was one of the Roms that I was looking at the other day. It obviously has quite of bit of customizability, so I will have to have some patience to properly configure it. Got exams coming in a couple of weeks.

Definitely want to give this a try, especially now that there is a really awesome ICS theming port floating around.

• 1 month later...

Awesome review there. :)

I got a S2 a week back, I am using this as the case for the phone.

Covers the back as well as all sides, I dont like how the ones you have expose the top and bottom.

The one I use covers it all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nokia's stock stand really, off my old 5800.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this with the MHL cable and compatible TV sets but tonight I took a movie round to a cousin's house to watch and when connected to the Sony Bravia HDTV the source input labelled up as a new device "MHL: HDMI Control".

Curious, I wondered why it would be labelled as such and as a new input source if it wasn't able to be controlled from the TV remote so I fired up the film and indeed, you could control the media playback from the TV remote playback buttons!

I knew the TV wasn't native MHL as the display only worked when the external power was also connected to the official MHL/HDMI adapter but the TV supported some MHL features it appears....

The cursor buttons on the remote also work and navigate around Android. Pressing the centre button activated the onscreen select outline and you could then cursor around the phone. I tried various buttons but only the back, cursor, centre and playback controls seemed to work without issue. Other TV sets that recognise MHL devices might offer other features too so those with HDTV sets and the MHL cable should see what features they have available.

It's brilliant news as it means no more getting up out of my seat to reach for the phone to rewind/pause or play the next video etc.

• 2 months later...

Hi +mrk,

I know it has been a while ago, but could you please tell which agenda / calender widget u where using on the first screen shot in this thread?

Thanks,

TK

Samsung Galaxy SII seem to have a voice problem where the caller can hear himself/herself talking. I went to AT&T to get one for my GF and I could hear myself talking everytime I called her. We exchanged it for another Galaxy SII and still the same problem. Even the people at the AT&T store could hear themselves talking. They replaced the SIM card, turned off Noise Supression and nothing so they ended up giving us a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket and that one worked fine and it is working fine so far.

Maybe they had a bad batch of Galaxy S2s? I don't know.

Samsung Galaxy SII seem to have a voice problem where the caller can hear himself/herself talking. I went to AT&T to get one for my GF and I could hear myself talking everytime I called her. We exchanged it for another Galaxy SII and still the same problem. Even the people at the AT&T store could hear themselves talking. They replaced the SIM card, turned off Noise Supression and nothing so they ended up giving us a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket and that one worked fine and it is working fine so far.

Maybe they had a bad batch of Galaxy S2s? I don't know.

Hmm. Quite a few of my mates/relatives have the phone and they never raised this problem. Maybe a firmware issue?

The camera on the front is perfect for video calling, i was using it today (first time using it really) but i was very impressed with the quality!!

The camera on the front is perfect for video calling, i was using it today (first time using it really) but i was very impressed with the quality!!

How well does it take pictures?

How well does it take pictures?

It does as well as ud expect a 2MB camera to do, nothing amazing but certainly decent quality :)

If u want an example, let me know and ill PM one over to u :)

Front facing camera is certainly good! Can take decent shots in good lighting!

The phone is definately an amazing phone!! the only issue i have is the communication from Samsung, e.g the new ICS update for the SGS2s....so many frustrated people including myself!!!