How is your iphone battery life?

I just got an iphone4 and find the battery dies before the end of my shift (5pm) and thats just not nice :s

is that normally or do i have a dud?

Depends how much your using it really and if you have features like bluetooth/ wifi disabled ?

With these on mine will last till about 6pm with medium usage

i switched off the wifi, location, bluetooth and email is only once an hour fetch.

Whilst at work i dont play with the phone, so its just in my pocket, it feels warm sometimes too.

If it's warm there is something else you need to look for that is draining the battery. I have a Desire HD and it's the same if I leave data on. With it off I can get 2 whole days and a third morning. Luckily for me I have BT Infinity which means I rarely have need for the mobile broadband.

P.S I leave Bluetooth and WiFi on constantly.

My Samsung GT 1120 last 15 days!!! :shifty:

SamsungE1120%202.jpg

But yes...you should check if wifi or BT is enabled...its drains the phone very quickly.

PS: Warm? Carefull, heat is a bad sign... :cry:

That doesnt sound right if your not using it, I would take it to the apple store if they can fault it they will replace it free of charge.

I had problems when i first recieved the iPhone 4 it used to turn itself of randomly, They advised it was a bad battery and replaced it with a new phone there and then.

Book an appointment!

I only disabled Spotlight search and 3G (as I don't have good 3G service anyway) and can get to 7pm with 60% battery left. I found it was spotlight search that was hammering my iPhone. Hope that advice helps you.

Having 3g, wifi and location on will drain my battery in about three hours. That's with brightness turned almost off. To say annoying is an understatement. I'm really glad i had the phone given rather than paying for it, I would have taken it back immediately the battery life is so poor.

Most of the time I have everything turned off and brightness on 40% and then it lasts a few days.

Mine will last 2 days easy with moderate usage. As others have suggested, turn off bluetooth and wifi if you are not using them. Also make sure you have Ping disabled. There was a bug with it that was causing it to run continuously in the background and drain the battery super quick (I don't know if that has been fixed in the latest firmware).

Do the following mate, should help.

Double click on the home button, now there will be loads of apps, hold down on one and then they'll start to wiggle, also top left there is a close button (like no entry) close all of those apps. There left open because of the multitasking and I always keep my closed.

Because there still 'running' that'll most likely be why the battery is draining.

Get in the habbit of closing them all the time.

See how it goes.

My phone currently is at 84%, usuage 1 hour, 32 minutes - Standby 23hours and 43 minutes

Having 3g, wifi and location on will drain my battery in about three hours. That's with brightness turned almost off. To say annoying is an understatement. I'm really glad i had the phone given rather than paying for it, I would have taken it back immediately the battery life is so poor.

Most of the time I have everything turned off and brightness on 40% and then it lasts a few days.

i think yours is broken..

i have a iPhone4 and run 3G, Wifi, Bluetooth all the time, but have the brightness set a bit lower than normal and mine will last (with moderate usage) easily a day

mine also charges crazy fast..

Do the following mate, should help.

Double click on the home button, now there will be loads of apps, hold down on one and then they'll start to wiggle, also top left there is a close button (like no entry) close all of those apps. There left open because of the multitasking and I always keep my closed.

Because there still 'running' that'll most likely be why the battery is draining.

Get in the habbit of closing them all the time.

See how it goes.

My phone currently is at 84%, usuage 1 hour, 32 minutes - Standby 23hours and 43 minutes

Thats a good tip! Cheers mate (Y)

That's not right at all. I've had my iPhone 4 since release and still get a full day out of it (about 7am - 11pm, usually have about 30-50% left depending on use). That's with Wifi enabled (home and work networks), 2 email accounts (one polling every 30 mins and one using exchange push notifications), moderate facebook/ebay usage through the day, browsing in the evening and occassional bouts of angry birds/whatever game takes my fancy....

Currently sitting on 94% with 58mins usage (1 15 min phone call, plus checking emails/facebook etc). Last charge was 5hrs 32mins ago.

It's also an issue with 4.3.+ with batteries draining and apple is to ****ing lazy to get off their asses to fix it.

I charge mine from about 12am till 7am. And it lasts me in between. Usually down to about 30%. It's as 45% now. And I used it a fair amount today.

I had full coverage on 3G most of the day. Was connected to WiFi and WiFi at home too. I browse on it at work quite a bit, and send plenty of messages. Brightness sits at about 3/4. No BT though.

I'm still on 4.1 too. JailBroken too.

I usually get a full day... Which is from about 23:00, when I go to bed and use my iPhone as my alarm clock, while it is not being charged the whole night.

So at 8:00 it wakes me up, at 10:00 I'm at work/university, some calls, some music, some Facebook/Twitter/Reeder... when I get home, usually at about 20:00, it's, most of the time, mind you, at about 35%, +-. That depends on how many classes are cancelled (more time for calls), how boring a class is (more gaming) or how much calls I have to make while at work... It never ever forced me to shut it off...

I have an iPhone 3GS since almost 2 years now, and it works from 7 AM to 11 PM, then I?m at about 30%. I shut it down at night for two reasons :

1. Battery concerns. An entire night makes the battery go down from 100% to 75%, which is not enough to last the entire day after that.

2. Once, I have received an SMS from one of my friends at 3 AM once and my phone vibrated and that woke me up in a hurry and sweat. Not going to happen anymore.

I also like to sleep in the morning, I can?t stand people calling me at that time.

It's also an issue with 4.3.+ with batteries draining and apple is to ****ing lazy to get off their asses to fix it.

Didn?t they just release 4.3.3 to fix that?

I haven?t installed it yet because my phone is jail-broken, thus requires more time than just clicking a button in iTunes.

Mine is on 39% with 2 Days 10 hours standby, and 3h14 usage.

Defiantly either a dud, or with the warmness you mention a program running in the background.

I have an iPhone 3GS since almost 2 years now, and it works from 7 AM to 11 PM, then I?m at about 30%. I shut it down at night for two reasons :

1. Battery concerns. An entire night makes the battery go down from 100% to 75%, which is not enough to last the entire day after that.

2. Once, I have received an SMS from one of my friends at 3 AM once and my phone vibrated and that woke me up in a hurry and sweat. Not going to happen anymore.

I also like to sleep in the morning, I can?t stand people calling me at that time.

Didn?t they just release 4.3.3 to fix that?

I haven?t installed it yet because my phone is jail-broken, thus requires more time than just clicking a button in iTunes.

I'm not sure and doubt it, I have had no apps running for the last 3 hours and my phone was 100% when I left the house and now it's at 81% with no calls or anything.

Could you just be in a place with bad reception? If it's trying to search for a signal, that would drain batteries a bit.

well i think ive cracked it!

its microsoft exchange email thats causing it!

based on the fact that in the last few days ive up and downloaded 500mb!