30 Seconds To Mars breaking up?

Just announced on MTV News Canada

According to MTV News Canada, 30 Seconds To Mars will be allegedly calling it quits after their current tour. You can read some tweets from MTV below:

Stay tuned to MTV News tonight for an exclusive clip from Jared Leto discussing how 30 Seconds to Mars is calling it quits #30secondstomars

#30secondstomars fans, the clip is on the show tonight, we will tweet the link once online. We just did the interview, judge for yourself.

We'll be sure to update you on the situation as more details surface. What do you think -- leave us a comment with your thoughts!

via Alt press

Personally I think it's about time, I didn't mind their early stuff but they have changed a lot and I get the feeling it was to become more mainstream :(

It doesn't really bother me. While I did enjoy their albums a bit, they were not one of my favorite bands. They were good, but they were no competition for Rise Against as my favorite group.

Sunnofva.... They were in Raleigh a couple of weeks ago and I was going to go but I've been unemployed for two months... mortgage payment > 30 seconds to mars I figured. Now.... ugh ;-;

I'm sad.

It doesn't really bother me. While I did enjoy their albums a bit, they were not one of my favorite bands. They were good, but they were no competition for Rise Against as my favorite group.

Great band, much better than 30 seconds to mars. I pair the latter with bands like my chemical romance. No business on my playlist. :p

Yeah Rise Against are wayyyyy better, there's not really much comparison. I think it's kinda cool how straightedge they are, shows that not all rock bands are alcoholics and always causing trouble as quite a lot of people believe.

Great band, much better than 30 seconds to mars. I pair the latter with bands like my chemical romance. No business on my playlist. :p

Yeah, I love Rise Against. I've listened to The Sufferer and the Witness alone over 1,000 times (assuming each track counts as a play), according to Last.FM. I'd do it again, gladly. They're downright amazing, and ought to be on everyone's playlist. The only time I've ever listened to My Chemical Romance was when I was playing Saints Row 2 and couldn't bail from the car fast enough. :laugh:

The only time I've ever listened to My Chemical Romance was when I was playing Saints Row 2 and couldn't bail from the car fast enough. :laugh:

Hahah you and me both.

The only time I've ever listened to My Chemical Romance was when I was playing Saints Row 2 and couldn't bail from the car fast enough. :laugh:

I hope someone got fired for including them in the game :blink:

I hope someone got fired for including them in the game :blink:

Haters, hopefully My Chemical Romance makes a comeback in SR3 :devil:

Just announced on MTV News Canada

via Alt press

Personally I think it's about time, I didn't mind their early stuff but they have changed a lot and I get the feeling it was to become more mainstream :(

hip1.jpg

I liked them in 2007 so you've only really got one year on me :p

According to this clip of their interview they are just taking a break :( Although the way they are talking about it they still aren't sure.

Well, if they do break up, at least they put out one great album in "This Is War" (haven't listened to the other two in their entireties yet).

You've gotta admit, they've done pretty well for what is essentially an actor having a crack at music. We all know Juliette Lewis didn't have the same kind of success as Jared Leto. And well, the less said about Zooey Deschanel's group, the better. :p

Bands like My Chemical Romance are terrible. Sorry but Emo music sucks, it's almost as bad as poprap. That's rappers who sing about cash and sex or use autotune.

Agreed he would be far better focusing on acting. The band were good at the start but pretty crappy now, hopefully he moves on and lands some good roles.

Bands like My Chemical Romance are terrible. Sorry but Emo music sucks.

*facepalm* My Chemical Romance are not Emo. These bands, however, are:

I think it's kinda cool how straightedge they are, shows that not all rock bands are alcoholics and always causing trouble as quite a lot of people believe.

People still think that?

According to this clip of their interview they are just taking a break

Generally, bands never really break up. Unless it's not amicable... The band continues to exist as an entity for business reasons. Why wind up the business when it continues to make money? All bands generally say "taking a break". It also leaves a return obviously open.

I know tonnes of people that still think that and it annoys me. It's an outdated stereotype, sure you get a few bands that go apes**t but it's the same for nearly everything. In every genre there will always be groups and people that are always causing trouble, same with people in sport e.g. certain football players etc