Whats a good name for a computer company?

Zeros and Ones

I do kind of like that.

I don't know, this is a big dicision to make. it need to be catchy. something people won't forget.

Dean's Computer Repair.

and short enough that it wont be some big crazy URL.

Computer repair and networking services. that is to long for a web site. my head is just spinning trying to come up something i really like.

Holy Crap... It just came available.. I just bought it..

Thank you thank you thank you....

I stopped looking because it was taken.. but it expired..

ok well the search is over..

www.Deanscomputerservice.com

The search is over.. this is what i wanted in the first place..

thank you all so much for your thoughts on the matter..

Holy Crap... It just came available.. I just bought it..

Thank you thank you thank you....

I stopped looking because it was taken.. but it expired..

ok well the search is over..

www.Deanscomputerservice.com

The search is over.. this is what i wanted in the first place..

thank you all so much for your thoughts on the matter..

Good to know that you have your name and domain already. Now go and set up a landing page for people to see until the site is finished.

• 2 weeks later...

Again thank you for your help and ideas.

This is my page

Please check out my new page and tell me what you think.

Thank you.

Something that I have always found annoying/interesting is domain names that are really long. Such as yours...it makes people not want to visit your site because of the length they have to type. My suggestion, if you can get it, is to get the domain... dcs.com and have it as your main page or have it redirect to the deanscomputerservice.com. Think about it...which one would you rather type to visit your site, dcs.com or deanscomputerservice.com?

Just my two cents.

Again thank you for your help and ideas.

This is my page

Please check out my new page and tell me what you think.

Thank you.

Dude you had so many catchy ideas on this thread and you choose deanscomputerservice...

I think the page design is nice and simple, straight to the point and easy to navigate. As to the name, I think its plain, boring and not catchy at all. One thing is I would remember it simply because it has a name in. So you done right keeping your name attached, you should of went for something more exotic something that makes you stand out from the rest.

Thats my opinion though good luck with your business hope it does well!

Something that I have always found annoying/interesting is domain names that are really long. Such as yours...it makes people not want to visit your site because of the length they have to type. My suggestion, if you can get it, is to get the domain... dcs.com and have it as your main page or have it redirect to the deanscomputerservice.com. Think about it...which one would you rather type to visit your site, dcs.com or deanscomputerservice.com?

Just my two cents.

I know I know.. that kind of bugs me as well. but DCS.com is taken. in fact DCS. anything is taken or redirects to something else.

The fact is I was in a hurry to just get this up. I have been putting it off for so long I just had to jump in.

I liked a lot of the suggestions i got but most of them just sounded kind of goofy or silly.

I am still trying to work out the bugs of having a business in the first place. I can always get a shorter name and redirect it.

If i knew the code to do that. hint hint..

well i can get Dcsnet.org or dcsnet.info

and yes deanstech.net is even available

I know I know.. that kind of bugs me as well. but DCS.com is taken. in fact DCS. anything is taken or redirects to something else.

The fact is I was in a hurry to just get this up. I have been putting it off for so long I just had to jump in.

I liked a lot of the suggestions i got but most of them just sounded kind of goofy or silly.

I am still trying to work out the bugs of having a business in the first place. I can always get a shorter name and redirect it.

If i knew the code to do that. hint hint..

well i can get Dcsnet.org or dcsnet.info

and yes deanstech.net is even available

I believe the redirect is done using the dns panel on your domain provider/register. It should be as easy as adding an 'a' or 'cname' record that redirects.

If you are using cpanelX you don't even need to do that, it has a "Domain Redirect" button