Users Who Think XP Is Good Enough Need to See Infection Rates

Yes, my disbelief. You made it seem like I'm stating a reality, when I'm stating MY disbelief based on MY experiences. I'm not telling anyone that I'm absolutely right, nor am I telling anyone not to bother arguing with me.

Sure, like how you kicked off your participation in this thread by literally telling people their comments are full of **** simply because they don't have the same personal experience as you do. We believe you.

You're purposefully taking what I said out of context to mock me. Don't you have anything better to do?

Geez, you really need to get over yourself here. I just debunk BS wherever I see it, and other than you producing a disproportionately high amount of it, you're nothing special.

Sure, like how you kicked off your participation in this thread by literally telling people their comments are full of **** simply because they don't have the same personal experience as you do. We believe you.

Geez, you really need to get over yourself here. I just debunk BS wherever I see it, and other than you producing a disproportionately high amount of it, you're nothing special.

I said one comment was full of ****, and took back part of it on proof (you know, as in admitting you were wrong about something?). I stand by what I said before; I don't believe that alexalex has never re-imaged his computer from a backup, either for a malware issue or some other issue.

Must take some serious balls to "debunk" BS while spewing nothing but it in every thread you post in. I like how it seems each time I encounter you in a thread it's always you trying to dismantle someone else's posts without actually adding anything to the topic. Good to know we've got Officer "BS-Blaster" from the forum police to "clean these parts of town up". I may be nothing special but you certainly seem to think you are. Go forth, the forum awaits your moderation.

Wait, you are saying that if a driver crashes, such as a video driver, you don't get a BSOD, nor do you have an unstable desktop environment? By stable, I'm referring to the maturity of the code base, and thus, the smaller number of bugs, and better software (including drivers) compatibility.

Never had a BSOD on Windows 7 do to a video driver crash nor unstable desktop. I have had video driver crash and recover but that is what it was designed to do on Win7. Now on XP it would have ether locked the whole machine or given a BSOD!

As far as Virus go out of the rigs I have build or upgraded for customers since Windows 7 has been out rigs with XP are the only one's that have come back needing Virus removal all the Windows 7 machines are still running great and I have had to do work on the XP machines several times with in the same time span.

You can make all the claims you what on how great XP is but saying it just does not make it so. Windows XP was great in its day but its day is long past and that is fact.

I stand by what I said before; I don't believe that alexalex has never re-imaged his computer from a backup, either for a malware issue or some other issue.

And again, your disbelief is based on your personal experience, which - by the way you constantly repeat it - you somehow believe is worth something. But to each his own, I suppose.

And again, your disbelief is based on your personal experience, which - by the way you constantly repeat it - you somehow believe is worth something.

What is anything we post on these forums worth then? Please do tell us, since you apparently know of the master plan that we don't.

But to each his own, I suppose.

Yes, this unfortunately seems to be a rather difficult concept for you to grasp, officer. I'm glad you're trying, though.

Although both of my computers run Debian Linux as their only "installed" OS, I have a Windows XP Pro virtual machine I use for testing windows scripts, web development (testing pages in IE), etc. I find that XP still works just fine for my purposes, and I would still rather use it in a corporate environment. I can't speak for 7 because we're just now upgrading to it at work, but Vista has been a nightmare on our large network.

What is anything we post on these forums worth then? Please do tell us, since you apparently know of the master plan that we don't.

Nobody said anything about a master plan. It?s just simple common sense. People have offered you straightforward and honest explanations about how it?s simply your opinion, and how it?s not true for everyone. Is there really a need to keep spewing your useless drivel about how you don?t believe it, as though it?s supposed to mean something if you repeat it often enough?

Nobody said anything about a master plan.

No, but somehow you seem to know what means something and what does not. Because that's your responsibility as the forum police.

It?s just simple common sense. People have offered you straightforward and honest explanations about how it?s simply your opinion, and how it?s not true for everyone.

No, it's not just my opinion, it's years of personal experience, the same years of personal experience that everyone else who shares a different view from me is using. What's rather irritating is that somehow you're ok with them using their years of experience to share an opinion but you're not ok with me doing the same. That's called common sense, but no, you have something against me that is blinding you of that fact.

Work on some consistency, why don't you? I've offered honest explanations about how alexalex could technically be using the same "install" of Windows XP but still have restored from his backup over again, and he hasn't responded to that yet, and even if he does, there's no real way to prove it, which I admit is a paradox. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying I don't believe it, why is this so incredibly difficult for you to understand?

Is there really a need to keep spewing your useless drivel about how you don?t believe it, as though it?s supposed to mean something if you repeat it often enough?

Can I just ask you what the hell your problem is? You never EVER contribute to a topic that I participate it, you only harrass and heckle me, and I'm seriously done with it. You go under the guise of "calling out BS" but all you over do is fill your posts with insulting fluff, and it's really tiring. Is there really a need for you to keep going around deciding who's "spewing useless drivel" and who isn't?

You're pathetic. All you ever do is heckle, harass, or otherwise insult anyone who doesn't share a majority's opinion, and you have the nerve to tell me that I keep repeating something? The only reason I keep repeating what I'm saying is so that this doesn't turn into an all-out flame war, because you keep intending to take it off topic by calling it drivel but I refuse to be swayed from the original point I made and stand by.

I'm using my personal experience just as much as everyone else is, so why don't you shut your arrogant trap, realize that we're all entitled to our own experiences and opinions, and just call it a day? Is that really so hard for you?

EDIT: Done with this thread, I'm not looking for a warning. Maybe you'll grow the hell up, maybe you won't, I'm not going to stick around in this thread to find out.

No, but somehow you seem to know what means something and what does not.

It's not really all that hard, especially when you constantly repeat useless crap, by your own admission, you don't even try to claim you're right about. :whistle: I'm sorry you need to get all butthurt when people call you out for it, have you considered just not doing it?

What do you mean by stable?

Ok, in XP if your video card driver crashed, guess what...you rebooted, not in 7

Windows XP has no sandboxing mechanisms for IE 8, 7 Does

Windows XP does not have TRIM support for SSD drives, 7 does.

Are you spotting a trend yet?

Why should my video card crash (it never has) ?

I use Chrome which is sandboxed

I don't need SSD .

I reboot after windows updates, when needed. Apart from that almost never.

I stand by what I said before; I don't believe that alexalex has never re-imaged his computer from a backup, either for a malware issue or some other issue.

Restoring from image backups isn't equal to formatting/re-installing OS and applications.

You are entitled to your disbelief.

I avoid problems using sound maintenance, periodic image backups and using free portable applications when ever possible (you can exchange most of installed applications with a replacement portable).

post-376446-0-98747600-1305354595.jpg

What a load of crap. :rolleyes:

I might have averaged 1 infection per year, since 2001 with Windows XP.

Another lame attempt to attack a decent operating system.

Another lame attempt to attack a decent operating system.

7 is the new thing so everybody is going to attack XP because of the new technologies in 7 that XP doesn't have. That's like saying that the only car anybody should drive is the 2011 model, when you've been driving a 2000 model for a while with no issues. It's a fad that will pass with the arrival of Windows 8, then 9, and so on.

OK I do not care about security, I am not that type of a person.

On the other hand,

I do not have power systems (see sig),

I have ~20 folders in Program Files (x86) and one of them is called "x" and with Windows 7 to find "x" (upper right search box), it will take ~20 seconds.

Additionally, loading thumbnails (that were already CACHED) from a folder with ~100 items takes about ~8 seconds.

Additionally scrolling is nowhere near smooth in Windows Explorer.

These tasks on Windows XP are *much* faster.

The thing is XP doesn't have snap and some other features which are bloody awesome. So here is what I did,

- Installed xplorer2 to replace the horribly slow (thanks Microsoft!) Windows Explorer (fast scrolling, very responsive)

- Installed Everything Search to replaced Windows Search (search is instant)

- Installed FastStone Image Viewer For images (loads CACHED thumbnails is instant)

- Mapped WINKEY + E to xplorer2

- Mapped WINKEY + F to Everything

Windows 7 is made by,

- A bunch of morons that should be fired (Scrolling performance, thumbnail load speed, search speed)

- A bunch of geniuses (Snap, Taskbar improvements)

You can replace the bad parts with good 3rd party alternatives. When you do that, well... Windows 7 jumps from a "decent OS" to a "good OS" and Windows XP suddenly finds itself having a lot less benefits - it jumps from a "Decent OS" to a "OS which is simply a burden"

OK I do not care about security, I am not that type of a person.

On the other hand,

I do not have power systems (see sig),

I have ~20 folders in Program Files (x86) and one of them is called "x" and with Windows 7 to find "x" (upper right search box), it will take ~20 seconds.

Additionally, loading thumbnails (that were already CACHED) from a folder with ~100 items takes about ~8 seconds.

Additionally scrolling is nowhere near smooth in Windows Explorer.

These tasks on Windows XP are *much* faster.

The thing is XP doesn't have snap and some other features which are bloody awesome. So here is what I did,

- Installed xplorer2 to replace the horribly slow (thanks Microsoft!) Windows Explorer (fast scrolling, very responsive)

- Installed Everything Search to replaced Windows Search (search is instant)

- Installed FastStone Image Viewer For images (loads CACHED thumbnails is instant)

- Mapped WINKEY + E to xplorer2

- Mapped WINKEY + F to Everything

Windows 7 is made by,

- A bunch of morons that should be fired (Scrolling performance, thumbnail load speed, search speed)

- A bunch of geniuses (Snap, Taskbar improvements)

You can replace the bad parts with good 3rd party alternatives. When you do that, well... Windows 7 jumps from a "decent OS" to a "good OS" and Windows XP suddenly finds itself having a lot less benefits - it jumps from a "Decent OS" to a "OS which is simply a burden"

I've never had any issues with win7 scrolling performance, thumbnails, or search speed...

Udedenkz please stop with the scrolling arguments. No sane person will scroll up and down 20,000 times in 5 seconds to look at the CPU usage, that has got to be the most useless test of a OS performance I have ever heard of.