PS3 update available (3.61) + commencment of PSN restoration

Thanks, you sure it's the newest? The link has 2011_0429 in it. :p

Yea, it updated mine to 3.61, no idea what the date thing is about, lol, probably just had it waiting in the wings for everything else.

So it says this update lets you update your password, but I assume they means once the PSN is restore right? As I installed the update, and nothing is prompting me to add a password. The way it was worded was as if the update would be applied and it would ask for a new password right then and there, but I guess not.

Yea, it updated mine to 3.61, no idea what the date thing is about, lol, probably just had it waiting in the wings for everything else.

I did the update too but I can't sign on still. I guess this is early days.

Looks like things are starting to happen finally.

What? Things started happening when they bowed. BOWING FIXES EVERYTHING. :p

In all seriousness, great news (Y)

So it says this update lets you update your password, but I assume they means once the PSN is restore right? As I installed the update, and nothing is prompting me to add a password. The way it was worded was as if the update would be applied and it would ask for a new password right then and there, but I guess not.

Yea, you'll log in and it'll say your password needs changing, then it will bring up another window, though currently that window wont load the site it needs to as the password changing part is still "under maintenance", lol.

Please tell me I can finally sign in! Been waiting to activate Portal 2 for weeks :hmmm:

Grabbing the update for my PS3 right now.

Yea, you'll log in and it'll say your password needs changing, then it will bring up another window, though currently that window wont load the site it needs to as the password changing part is still "under maintenance", lol.

I am in America and it just gives me the old error message there. I don't even get to the 'your password needs changing' bit.

I guess this is a step by step thing with Sony. :(

The update appears to be going at a snail's pace :/

I am in America and it just gives me the old error message there. I don't even get to the 'your password needs changing' bit.

I guess this is a step by step thing with Sony. :(

Yep, same deal with me as with James. I do not get anything right now, just updated the firmware.

I figure by late next week some time I should see something. :laugh:

Oh snap!! NJ is now green on the map on the Restoration Begins page!!

With that said I just tried signing on, and nothing going yet. Will keep everyone posted.

EDIT - I am back on the PSN!

Password changed, signed on, 1 friend online!

EDIT - I am back on the PSN!

Password changed, signed on, 1 friend online!

Just tried it, but now I see that "service is currently undergoing maintenance". I'll try again in a few minutes! :laugh:

I'm in! :D

Yep I saw, you were my 1 friend online!

How are you on though if they are starting with the East Coast? :laugh:

Just tried it, but now I see that "service is currently undergoing maintenance". I'll try again in a few minutes! :laugh:

I was getting the same thing, I just kept trying and it eventually went through. (Y)

We get the update in Canada, but can't log in to PSN, nor am I prompted to change my password..

Yep I saw, you were my 1 friend online!

How are you on though if they are starting with the East Coast? :laugh:

I was getting the same thing, I just kept trying and it eventually went through. (Y)

They are Doing the East Coast in America first at the same time of doing some parts of Europe.

They are Doing the East Coast in America first at the same time of doing some parts of Europe.

Right but I thought he lives in California?