More Mango features leak.

My link

Windows Live Messenger, Facebook chat and AOL Instant Messenger all integrated under Messaging

Office 365 and Skydrive built into Office hub

Group Messaging

Artist art on Lockscreen

Xbox gets a facelift, including 'sync' option (potentially for online-game play).

I can't wait for the May 24th Mango event, things are looking better with each bit of information we get.

If they actually get support for Dutch out the door within the few upcoming months and some nice hardware to go with it, I might actually consider Windows Phone 7. Pretty much done with Android.

Microsoft revealed a number of new Windows Phone ?Mango? features on Monday

?Pinnable email folders: Pin a folder to the start screen for quick access. This could be an email folder for a specific project, from a specific group or person (like your boss), or an RSS feed you?ve set up in Outlook.

?Conversation view in email: Emails in your inbox are organized by conversation, bringing replies to a thread into a consolidated view so it?s faster and easier to stay on top of the conversation.

?Server search: Search your email server (e.g. Exchange Server) for older emails no longer stored on your phone, giving you ready access to all of your mail.

?Lync: Lync Mobile brings the Lync experience to Windows Phone customers by delivering Unified Communications capabilities, including instant messaging and the ability to see the presence of your co-workers. The Lync app will be a free download from Windows Phone Marketplace and will be enabled with support from your business organization.

?Security: Complex (alpha-numeric) password support

?Rights management: Information Rights Management support for protecting e-mails and Office documents

?Wireless improvements: Support for access to hidden corporate Wi-Fi networks

Today was the start of TechED 2011. So a few more official Mango features out there.

If they actually get support for Dutch out the door within the few upcoming months and some nice hardware to go with it, I might actually consider Windows Phone 7. Pretty much done with Android.

If you buy a new phone with Mango, you should be ok.

post-62693-0-19934500-1305564701.jpg

post-62693-0-92762500-1305564695.jpg

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2011/04/13/all-about-the-new-windows-phone-7-mango-features/

@thurrott

Windows Phone 7 screen projection over USB failing during session. "This is why we don't ship this" [to users]. Yep.

They keep getting more apps day by day. 16,800+ to date. Of course with mango and all the new APIs it brings we'll really start to see better and better apps.

All they need is more apps and i'll be on the WP7 platform.

Instead of "more apps", browse the marketplace and check if it has all the apps you actually need/use.

If you buy a new phone with Mango, you should be ok.

Does Mango support having the user interface language in English while allowing for international keyboard settings (Dutch in my case) like iOS and Android? With Windows Mobile 6.5 it was either everything or nothing. (N)

When will Mango be released btw? So far the hardware running WP7 is pretty disappointing as well. Any word on new phones being launched anytime soon?

Does Mango support having the user interface language in English while allowing for international keyboard settings (Dutch in my case) like iOS and Android? With Windows Mobile 6.5 it was either everything or nothing. (N)

When will Mango be released btw? So far the hardware running WP7 is pretty disappointing as well. Any word on new phones being launched anytime soon?

I think we will know more on 24th May when they will show&tell everything Mango. I would guess we will see new hardware after Mango, this holiday season for sure if not earlier.

Didn't Bill Gates say that with the Win95 BSOD? :laugh:

yea during Win98's demo. :D

You can already do that in Windows Phone 7. (The Display Language and Keyboard Language are separate settings from each other).

The Samsung Focus is pretty nice hardware. Here in the USA it's one of the most popular devices for Windows Phone. However, if you live in Europe you'd probably be most happy using a Samsung Omnia. That is also a fairly nice phone with nice hardware. You could always just wait until Nokia releases some phones in 2012, although. From what I've heard, Nokia makes really good hardware, just not software that can match that. I suppose that's why they took on Windows Phone 7. I believe that it will be quite a winning combination for a phone.

My link

2 more screenshots leak!

SmartDJ is in as well as some changes to the player controls, seems like they're going to be visible all the time now. It appears we?ll be able to save playlists on the phone as well.

Link mailboxes are also something that seems to be in as well, basically a unifide inbox option etc.

Full integration of skydrive with the office hub is what I am looking forward to. And a dropbox app, and whatsapp (or beluga) and better push notifications and...

And I'd really like to see a unified inbox (for imap accounts), but somehow Microsoft does not like em. see outlook 2007/2010

Full integration of skydrive with the office hub is what I am looking forward to. And a dropbox app, and whatsapp (or beluga) and better push notifications and...

And I'd really like to see a unified inbox (for imap accounts), but somehow Microsoft does not like em. see outlook 2007/2010

read the post directly above yours... :p unified inbox is in Mango and improved one at that.

I'm mostly looking forward to IE9.

But I'm sure the Office 365 integration will come in handle, and also apps are going to improve dramatically with all the new API's.

You can already do that in Windows Phone 7. (The Display Language and Keyboard Language are separate settings from each other).

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

The Samsung Focus is pretty nice hardware. Here in the USA it's one of the most popular devices for Windows Phone. However, if you live in Europe you'd probably be most happy using a Samsung Omnia. That is also a fairly nice phone with nice hardware. You could always just wait until Nokia releases some phones in 2012, although. From what I've heard, Nokia makes really good hardware, just not software that can match that. I suppose that's why they took on Windows Phone 7. I believe that it will be quite a winning combination for a phone.

Personally I think all WP7 hardware right now is crap, I haven't seen a single phone I like when it comes to overall design. The Samsung Omnia 7 is the only one that looks half decent to me. Obviously I'm not going to wait until 2012. If there isn't decent new hardware being released around August-September I'll go with iOS or Android, even though I'm pretty interested in WP7.

Damn, WP7 is looking better and better, I'm completely in love with the UI, but I dont want to leave iOS.

Damn, WP7 is looking better and better, I'm completely in love with the UI, but I dont want to leave iOS.

Would not bother with WP7 yet. I detest it at the moment and wish I stayed with iphone. The phone should have released with Mango at the moment it is sub par. All this cloud bull is annoying you can not even back up contacts to outlook and vice versa (don't tell me to get the hotmail import addon because other phones do not need it... and it should be standard feature). Mango will deliver much needed features and fixes, so fingers crossed the platform should get better and more attractive.

I reckon it might be made available to Dev's on or soon after the 24th. Fingers crossed I will be able to test it on the phone got my dev account boxed off :laugh: