WTF borderlands?

First of all, bad performance on my core i7 iMac, playing at 1920 x 1080 res with medium texture settings. Don't know why. 2ndly after I installed the DLC on it, when I exit the game it causes the right side of my menubar to graphically glitch until I log out. Anyone know why?

i dont have it for Mac but the level of detail in the textures shouldnt make much if any difference with your graphics card, try turning off shadows and i bet you get much better performance

As for the performance issue, do you have any idea what the rest of your computer's specs are? Just because it has a decent processor doesn't mean you also have a good graphics card.

umm... my 8800GT can pull it off maxxed with no probs @ 1920x1080!

Well then I have no idea... it was just laggy mostly in some parts of the DLC and stuffs. Most of the time it's okay in non-DLC areas though. I'd still like to know why it causes the right side of my menubar to have a graphic glitch!

Is this OS X or Windows you're playing in? If it's OS X, it could be because it's a really crappy port. If it's Windows, it could be due to Apple's shoddy bootcamp drivers...

A little more information as to the graphical glitch (screenshot, photo, something) might help? (cmd+shift+3)

Is that a theme running? Could it be the theme and game not playing well together?

Is that a theme running? Could it be the theme and game not playing well together?

I'm guessing he replaced his original system files with something else so that shouldn't interfere with anything.

I'm guessing he replaced his original system files with something else so that shouldn't interfere with anything.

Yeah I don't see why it would interfere with the menubar... since I used an installer from that website. I tried googling this problem but I cannot find a solution.

On a completely unrelated side-note, do you game under the tag Hitman, and if so did you ever play DoD.

No I do not.

Yeah I don't see why it would interfere with the menubar... since I used an installer from that website. I tried googling this problem but I cannot find a solution.

Don't worry, the theme has nothing to do with it. :) It's just a graphical glitch I'm guessing when you exit the game. Don't think you can do much about it.

No I do not.

Ah, oh well then. GL with your issue then.

It should be related to resolution changing done by the game and re-rendering. You should be able to fix it by forcing the menubar to re-render as a whole. Changing the display resolution to smaller and then back to normal from system preferences should do it as long as you are not using background application to invert the status icons or something like that.

To me that menubar glitch happens in other applications/games than just Borderlands. It's bit annoying, but to me it's least of my worries when it comes to visual glitches in Mac OS. IMHO icon cache issues are way more annoying than that along other things. Hopefully Lion (finally) addresses the issues.

Yeah still kind of a pain in the butt to make my desktop resolution smaller just to play borderlands. Unless there's a way to increase FPS in borderlands while keeping it at 2560 x 1440 res?