Chris Vance cast as lead in 'Transporter' TV show

877987987.jpg

British actor Chris Vance (Prison Break, Burn Notice) has been cast as the lead in the TV version of the Transporter action movie franchise, EW can report exclusively. Vance will play expert driver and ?professional transporter? Frank Martin ? the role which was originated on the big screen by his fellow Brit, Jason Statham. The show is being executive produced by Luc Besson, who co-wrote all three of the Transporter movies. The first season will be shot this summer in Canada and Europe and then be broadcast on Cinemax next year. ?It?s high octance,? Vance told EW, when asked to give a flavor of what viewers can expect. ?Fast-paced. Action-packed. Car chases. Stunts. Fights, Beautiful girls. Villains. Heroes. Guns. It should be a lot of fun.?

Has Jason Statham called to wish you good luck?

Not yet. I?m sure I?ll cross paths with Jason down the line and we?ll have a good old chat about it then.

Were they always looking for a Brit to fill his shoes?

I don?t know that they were looking for a Brit. But the character is British, so they were looking for someone that could make that believable.

Your Prison Break costar Robert Knepper was in Transporter 3. Did you ask him to give the producers a reference?

[Laughs] I didn?t actually, no. Although I did enjoy Robert?s performance. I thought he was hilarious.

Are you having to do a lot of martial arts training?

I?m doing a bit. I?m on a fitness program at the moment. It?s more stamina work than anything, because we will be shooting for five months and that?s a long time to sustain all the physical activites that we?ve got on the show. The stunt guys that worked on the movies are coordinating all the stunts and the action sequences and everything for the series. They?re all very experienced. I?ll be working with them and whatever I can do, I?ll do.

What kind of driver are you in real life?

[Laughs] Like everybody else in the world: fantastic.

What was the last thing you transported?

Probably my dog to the vet. It went well. We made it back.

A lot of people will know you from Burn Notice. Could you tell me one Bruce Campbell story?

Bruce Campbell! [Laughs] At Comic-Con last year, Bruce basically paid the audience to like him. Every time some one was very complimentary about him he handed them a couple of dollars. It was fantastic. A great strategy on his part.

Will you be adopting it?

I think that just works for Bruce.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/19/transporter-besson-vance-statham/

I really don't see this working, not week after week. I mean how many things can you transport and be interesting doing it. I hope I'm wrong, though.

• 1 year later...

I really don't see this working, not week after week. I mean how many things can you transport and be interesting doing it. I hope I'm wrong, though.

I can see it being similar to Burn Notice. The Transporter gets screwed by his employers...he seeks revenge while still doing side jobs.

• 4 months later...

It's not too bad. First ep seemed like a weird retelling of the first 2 movies. That beings said....it did have bewbs in it.

Transporter huh... Gonna have to give this a watch, even without stratham, an he IS the transporter, in every movie he does, and that is good. Except Crank... crank was bad. but that obviusly can't be stratham's fault.

Transporter huh... Gonna have to give this a watch, even without stratham, an he IS the transporter, in every movie he does, and that is good. Except Crank... crank was bad. but that obviusly can't be stratham's fault.

Crank was awesome. Funny as hell. Especially the banter between Jason and the Villan.

Transporter 1 was the best.

The blind man episode was crazy :rofl:

Just watched that episode last night, couple more to go and I'll be as caught up as can be. The show definitely has it's funny moments, all in all good action. The story doesn't seem to flow at this point, it's almost like each episode is its own individual thing.

Just watched that episode last night, couple more to go and I'll be as caught up as can be. The show definitely has it's funny moments, all in all good action. The story doesn't seem to flow at this point, it's almost like each episode is its own individual thing.

You're saying that as if it's a bad thing. man I wish every show today didn't insist on huge story arcs.

In europe they aired them out of order as well :rofl: but when you have a show like this it doesn't really matter

not to forget also the women in this series are HOT, his "boss" is very hot :shifty:

Crank is my favorite jason statham movie.

• 2 weeks later...

In europe they aired them out of order as well :rofl: but when you have a show like this it doesn't really matter

not to forget also the women in this series are HOT, his "boss" is very hot :shifty:

The women alone are worth a watch. I bet the casting director is loving his job!

I think they've aired the eps in a different order in every channel it's been on.

It's not bad but I'm not falling over myself to see the next ep. Still it's good for some action and some hot women.