Internet Explorerr question

larry

I used to have AOL and I want to get rid of the aol icon that spins around in the top right corner when it's searching for something on the web. Anyone know any registry fix's? Thanks

Steven P.

That sounds like a AOL branded IE, the best way to get rid of it is to reinstall IE from Microsofts Internet Explorer site.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.htm

removing all references to AOL is a mighty task since it is a custom version of IE put together by AOL themselves.

cheekymonkey

Hope this helps....

Reset to the Default Logos

To restore the default animated logo, delete the 'BrandBitmap' and 'SmBrandBitmap' string values found under the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerToolbar].

To restore the default idle logo, delete the 'SmallBitmap' and 'BigBitmap' string values found under the registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain].

Note: Only mess with the reg if you are super confident or daft or both!! You will need to restart Internet Explorer or Outlook Express for the change to take effect.

larry

thanks. now you have me wondering. Can you add your own Icon's in there??

larry

I deleted the strings and it didn't work. oh well. no biggie just looks annoying with aol's icon up there..

mortensen

I have replaced my icons b4. I found a Half-Life one on a webiste. After playing with them all, the best one is: the default one.

-mortensenj