Life sentence for Ohio mom who microwaved baby

A wave of sadness, and nausea took me when I read what this woman did. I am typically against the death penalty; this case makes me question that stance.

I honestly don't see why death penalties have to be so damn expensive. Bullets are cheap, just load up a .45 and put it to her head. If it's nearly point-blank, it's instant and painless, so I don't see why firing squad death is so looked down upon. We really are getting to the point of being way too gentle to the scum of society. I mean, what kind of example is it that a woman who cooked her own child gets to live in a climate-controlled, secure environment, with three meals a day? That's better than a lot of people in the world.

Death pejalties are only expensuve hecause of a convoluted state appeals process, which can take 10-15 years to navigate. If state legislatures streamlined that it could be drastically cut. Ditto for the feds, though the problem isn't so long there.

Unfortunately I've seen seen this movie before, twice. Then there are those kids who arrived boiled, torched (blow, propane & welding), incinerated with gasoline etc. or baked in an oven.

Some of my teaching files are really depressing.

Too many pansy ass liberal politicians and jurors who oppose the death penalty. But, as I said, she probably won't be alive very long in prison.

Innocent people are still being put do death, so yeah I can imagine at least some politicians having an issue with the death penalty. Next to that the whole an eye for an eye thing seems a bit pathetic anno 2011.

Absent access to the Phantom Zone it's the best we have. Otherwise these people can still victimize others - the guards and other prisoners, the prison medical staff etc. etc.

The only way around this problem is putting them in SuperMax where they're locked up in solitary 23 hours a day, and civil liberty types have a problem with that too.

Sorry, but I'd prefer putting them out of our misery.

As for improper convictions, that is a bureaucratic problem and solvable. I'mnot talking cases where circumstantial evidence is a factor but cases where doubt isn't an issue and the crimes extreme.

That's disgusting. I'm glad that justice has been served because the manner in which that poor baby was killed is horrific. Even prisons have morals, so someone convicted of something like that isn't going to be making too many friends, I hope.

could of gotten the death sentence but here in ohio but it's all based on severity.

I hate kids but killing them is completely insane. If you don't want or can't handle your children, don't get pregnant or give them up for adoption.

Oh, trust me, she will essentially get the death penalty. Most people in prison don't look very kindly on people convicted of hurting kids. She'll be lucky if she lasts a month.

Too many pansy ass liberal politicians and jurors who oppose the death penalty. But, as I said, she probably won't be alive very long in prison.

That's BS. Charlie Manson is still kicking, and he had people cut a live baby out of someone. He's 70-something too, so I don't think he'd put up much of a fight. Kind of funny

to think about murderers showing empathy toward children in prison, when some of them are rapists, pedophiles and murderers themselves. Plus, how would you know? Have

you served time in federal prison? I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm genuinely curious.

I almost threw up from this news. :x

The solution is plain and simple: this vile person deserves to die, nothing less. :angry:

:angry: How dare you be so inconsiderate of human life?! She deserves death by slow-slicing, so that she may understand the slow, ugly build-up of fear and hopelessness that that 28-day-old child had to go through, too. :angry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_slicing

i cant imagine the pain of being microwaved. just imagine being cooked inside out. it makes me feel sick. a helpless baby who cant do othing. this woman shud have her legs and arms chopped off and just left to die.

This person will go to a womens prison.

In a Michigan case a couple decades ago a woman who murdered her baby was sentenced similarly. The "ladies" there played nice for a few months, long enough for the administrators & staff to lower their guard, then they struck -

several prisoners set on her - tying her hair to a fixed structure, then they rotated her body until her neck snapped. End of story

Seems some of the other lifers had kids or neices/nephews and didn't think a life sentence was enough.

i cant imagine the pain of being microwaved. just imagine being cooked inside out. it makes me feel sick. a helpless baby who cant do othing. this woman shud have her legs and arms chopped off and just left to die.

It kills you pretty quick and painless... basically like reverse rapid hypothermia in the other direction minus the lung fluid and pretty much die before any burns and stuff are exposed to be felt cause internal body temperatures so high.

But I do agree with others this woman deserves to be spit roasted.

Not painless!

Microwaves activate virtually every pain receptor immediately after being turned on. This principle is the basis of the US military's Active Denial System, which operates at a much different wavelength - just enough to only penetrate the skin to a depth of 1/64 inch.

Watch what happens in this demo, then imagine what it feels like at hundereds of times the power - and penetration to deeper pain receptors.

Also, lower powered versions that are man-portable are in the labs. No need for the Humvee or big generator but a shorter range. Phaser on stun?

It's easier to understand if you simply accept that there is pure evil in the world.

We don't have to agree on the source, but once that's accepted we can dispose with humanist notions that it can be dealt with rationally, reformed or should be excused for whatever reason.

It can't. Deal with it.

I almost threw up from this news. :x

The solution is plain and simple: this vile person deserves to die, nothing less. :angry:

:angry: How dare you be so inconsiderate of human life?! She deserves death by slow-slicing, so that she may understand the slow, ugly build-up of fear and hopelessness that that 28-day-old child had to go through, too. :angry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_slicing

Give me a sharp blade and leave me in a room with her and I promise you I will slow slice her till her very last breath...

Give me a sharp blade and leave me in a room with her and I promise you I will slow slice her till her very last breath...

Why do people react like this? It's neither a solution nor did she wrong you in any way...

if you really are able to do that (which i doubt) you are just as sick