Tune into the WP Mango event.

My link

May 24th, 7 AM PDT, 10AM EDT. Live stream at the link above, can't wait to see what they show.

I somehow wonder if tomorrow's event will be "Revenge of the Kin" :whistle: i.e. if the Kin studio makes a triumphant return - I'd love to have it moved to WP7 - instant cloud back up of everything (text, photos, videos, call history etc.) will be great. WP7 already has instant cloud sync for photos, it's about time they extend it to rest of the phone. :)

For reference: http://www.engadget.com/photos/kin-studio/

cant wait.. do they have a live video stream planned?

Ya, click on my link in the OP.

Quick couple of things from Brandons talk in London this morning - Mango seems to be 7.1, there was a nice big image of Halo Reach as a featured Marketplace item, and search extras was renamed, to some other nonsense I've already forgotten about.

Some info has leaked a bit early. Acer, ZTE And Fujitsu Are The New Windows Phone OEM Partners. I know lots of people liked and wanted that Acer prototype that MS has been using often in ti's demos. ZTE helps them go to the low end and target Aisa better, likewise Fujitsu helps in Asia along with Acer. Overall, good news, and means we'll get more hardware to check out.

Kind of let down :/ no major new feature were demoed today! I guess the Xbox and Zune stuff needs to wait for E3 (6th June)?

No video call demoed, seriously?

Kind of let down :/ nothing major new feature was demoed today! I guess the Xbox and Zune stuff needs to wait for E3 (6th June)?

skype will be available, so it will be there

I'm just wondering if the Bing services will be worldwide this time, especially as voice search was only available on American handsets.

Kind of let down :/ no major new feature were demoed today! I guess the Xbox and Zune stuff needs to wait for E3 (6th June)?

The voice text demo was new actually. The updates to Bing, like Bing local scout are new. The updates to pictures and all the grouping is something they showed for the first time. The updated Xbox hub got shown for the first time to. Maybe those aren't major but if this was just the start of things and they're going to show more in the "coming weeks" then I like this idea. It keeps WP7 in the news till the fall with the right spacing between news.

And for devs out there the tools are out it seems.

http://create.msdn.com/en-US/

yep, the demo was bit of let down... 500+ features and all they demo is "integration" :/

yep, the demo was bit of let down... 500+ features and all they demo is "integration" :/

It's better this way though, I mean think about it. If mango isn't coming till, say, Sept, why tip your hand 3 months early? Also isn't it smarter to give out info in chunks till the final release to keep it in the news and on peoples minds? Tech blogs/sites are so ADD as it is. Expect Mango gaming news at E3 next month for example, and then a good chunk of other stuff in July and so on. Good marketing move.

I'm just wondering if the Bing services will be worldwide this time, especially as voice search was only available on American handsets.

I have voice search on mine. They demoed the Local Scout features at Microsoft UK's event today. On that demo they had the music and vision search, too. So I'm hopeful :)

I agree with the demo being a bit of a let down, lots of pre-hype and in the end nothing but hot air.

I was hoping for Flash Support (finally), Xbox360 integration (controlling 360/Kinect via WP7 as demoed previously), Turn by Turn Navigation I do not believe was demoed even though it might have been on the feature list.

Bing also is not that great in the UK, it needs to be improved to be on par with Google if it is going to succeed in the UK. The whole Bing integration with the phone is good as it keeps it unified but Bing will be Bing and having said that second best to Google.

Hope they release an Image of Mango to Developers and not just VIPs. I have the tools installed, its one thing seeing apps on the Emulator but its a different ball game on the phone itself.

lol the hands on by Engadget shows cooler features than the demo. seriously wtf is up with MS marketing?

Bing vision: http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/24/windows-phone-mango-and-bing-vision-hands-on/

Augmented Reality : http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/24/windows-phone-mango-augmented-reality-hands-on/

Bing Vision was shown on stage and augmented reality was shown at MIX. With so many features coming, and still a few months away it's unreasonable for them to detail each one each time they talk about Mango.

It's better this way though, I mean think about it. If mango isn't coming till, say, Sept, why tip your hand 3 months early? Also isn't it smarter to give out info in chunks till the final release to keep it in the news and on peoples minds? Tech blogs/sites are so ADD as it is. Expect Mango gaming news at E3 next month for example, and then a good chunk of other stuff in July and so on. Good marketing move.

Expect haters to spin this as a major PR disaster.

I have voice search on mine. They demoed the Local Scout features at Microsoft UK's event today. On that demo they had the music and vision search, too. So I'm hopeful :)

You might want to check your region settings as only US phones have voice search. The fact that they demoed the new Bing features at the UK event means nothing, even in those demos some of the new Bing features were using faked location data.

So I seriously doubt that users outside the US will get anything more than the basic Bing search.

Cant wait for wango and the new wokia phones, want a w9 badly.

I agwee with wou on the wact that we weed a Wango wupdate sooner. :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

saw a quote by a Nokia rep saying the Nokia phones that come out this year WONT be those renderings everyone (myself included) is drooling about. Which is a bummer because I really wanted one of those.

You might want to check your region settings as only US phones have voice search. The fact that they demoed the new Bing features at the UK event means nothing, even in those demos some of the new Bing features were using faked location data.

I'm 100% certain it's set to United Kingdom, I even get Bing UK's results and wallpaper.

I'm 100% certain it's set to United Kingdom, I even get Bing UK's results and wallpaper.

:blink: That's interesting, are you sure you have the microphone icon at the right of the search box?

You might be confusing the ability to launch apps using voice and voice search. Here's the Microsoft answers thread on this subject Bing Voice Search