While Microsoft has been taking pre-orders for the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 for a couple of weeks now, the tablets will officially go on sale on October 22nd. Today, Microsoft announced that 10 of its retail stores in the US will be holding midnight launch events for the products on October 21st.
Microsoft's press release lists the 10 retail store locations that will be holding those Surface launch events, which actually start at 10 pm on October 21st in their respective time zones:
- Bellevue Square Mall - Bellevue, Washington
- Westfield San Francisco Centre - San Francisco, California
- Scottsdale Fashion Square - Scottsdale, Arizona
- Dadeland Mall - Miami, Florida
- Lennox Square Mall - Atlanta, Georgia
- The Shops at Prudential Center - Boston, Massachusetts
- The Westchester - White Plains, New, York
- The Domain - Austin, Texas
- The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City - Arlington, Virginia
- Oakbrook Center Mall - Oakbrook, Illinois
The press release says that people who live near those stores and who want to attend the launch events should register at the official Microsoft Store Facebook page ahead of time. The events themselves will feature a number of giveaways before the new Surface tablets go on sale at midnight, October 22nd. Microsoft is even giving away a chance to win a trip at each of these stores. The press release states:
Starting at 10 p.m. local time on Oct. 21, each participating store will host the Surface Challenge, offering contestants in each market a chance to go head-to-head in a series of fun, interactive and sometimes physical games for a chance to be whisked away to Orlando, Fla., the next morning for the Mall at Millenia store opening, where Pitbull will perform.
The other 70 or so Microsoft Store locations will have their own events and giveaways for the launch of the Surface tablets during the month of October.
Source: Microsoft | Image via Microsoft