It looks like Honor has a hit, as the recently released Honor 8 has sold 1.5 million units since launch. Although the handset was just released in the United States and Europe, it has been sold in other regions since July.
It comes as no surprise as the Honor 8 offers a strong set of specifications for the price, making it one of the more tempting purchases in the later part of the year. While support from some manufacturers is often flaky, Honor has committed to offering updates for at least two years.
Honor 8 specifications:
- 5.2-inch 1080p display
- HiSilicon octa-core Kirin 950 processor | Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB of storage with microSD expansion
- Dual 12MP AF rear cameras with laser and contrast focusing; 1080p video recording at 60fps
- 8MP wide-angle front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2
- USB Type-C port
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3000mAh battery with fast charging capability
- 145 x 71 x 7.5mm; 153g
The Honor 8 is now available in the United States and Europe with a starting price of $399 USD / £369.99 GBP / €339 EUR.