Accolade has announced today that it is bringing back Bubsy for another adventure with Paws On Fire!, set to be released in the first quarter of 2019. The video game developer has teamed up with Choice Provisions to launch the auto-runner game on PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch next year.
The game's development will be managed by Choice Provisions, the independent studio which developed the BIT.TRIP games and Tharsis, among others. The upcoming release will mark the first time that the game will arrive on Nintendo Switch. You can view the trailer below.
The game includes:
- Four playable characters, each with their own unique mechanics! Fly and shoot your way through the air as The Woolie, take it underground with Arnold’s bonus levels, or run your way to victory with Bubsy and Virgil Reality!
- An all-new story featuring the unlikely alliance between Bubsy and his archrivals, The Woolies!
- Over 100 levels set across three different worlds!
- Three boss battles!
- A unique combo system and set of leaderboards for every character!
- A shop with costumes and cosmetics, all of which players can unlock just by playing the game. There are no in-game purchases!
- Unique character dialog for every level!
- A variety of collectible types, ensuring maximum replayability!
- The return of Oinker, Terri, Terry, and many other characters from previous Bubsy incarnations! We’ve even included Virgil Reality from the Bubsy pilot--we dug deep!
Bubsy: Paws on Fire! will be Choice Provisions’ first attempt at making inroads into the bobcat-based video games segment. Tommo Inc. will also serve as its exclusive publisher globally.