Adium 1.4 has finally come out of its long beta period released and contains a mass of new features including Twitter and full IRC support as well as loads of bug fixes. Adium is a free instant messaging application for Mac OS X that can connect to AIM, MSN, Jabber, Yahoo, and more.
- Requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- Added Twitter
- Added IRC
- Greatly improved group chats and group chat bookmarks
- Updated to libpurple 2.6.6 with added fixes
- Mind-bogglingly large number of enhancements and bug fixes
- Timeline messages appear in a group chat, direct messages as a one-on-one chat with a contact.
- Adding and removing contact list buddies follows and unfollows them, respectively.
- Can customize profile settings (name, location, etc.) from the account edit window.
- Settings to customize: Update interval, Adium status updating, retweet links, and contact display in the contact list.
- Getting info on a Twitter contact displays all of their information and their latest 20 tweets.
- "Reply to a Tweet" window allows for pasting twitter.com URLs to easily respond to a tweet.
- Also includes support for StatusNet servers, such as Identi.ca
- Execute commands on connect.
- Display of operator status in chats, as well as user's /away status.
- Mass-modify attributes of user list members from the group chat's action widget below the user list.
View Version History