AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp), so you'll get used to it very quickly. It can also be customized with skins.
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the player's main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so it's easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the player's functionality.
What's new in this version:
- Localizations were updated
- Fixed: Player isn't able to use WASAPI for outputting on Windows 8
- Fixed: Player does not play short files completely
- Fixed: Small scratches can be heard on jumping from one track to another when equalizer is switched on
- Fixed: Incorrect information about bitrate is displayed for some radio stations
- Fixed: Windows Explorer does not display data from tags of file in WMA Lossless format after they've been edited by AIMP
- Fixed: DropWheel window is painted incorrectly in AIMP2 skins
- Fixed: File mark does not display in playlist when AIMP2 skin is used
- Fixed: Incorrect information about file format is displayed in Quick Tag Editor in some cases
- Fixed: Incorrect information about bitrate and duration is displayed for some files in OGG format
- Fixed: Files are added in backward order when they are adding via "Find new files" dialog
- Fixed: Some problems with TrayControl behavior
- Fixed: Player starts playback of switched off tracks when jumping to another playlist via hotkeys
- Fixed: Small bugs and defects