AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp), so you'll get used to it very quickly. It can also be customized with skins.
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the player's main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so it's easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the player's functionality.
What's new in this version:
- Sound Engine: Options Dialog - list of supported formats is populated now on demand, not at Options Dialog initialization
- Sound Engine: Radio capture - maximum delay before start record new track has been increased to 30 seconds.
- Sound Engine: Radio Capture - CUE sheet is now stored on the hard drive after each track
- Sound Engine: Compatibility with Remote Desktop Assistant has been improved (for WASAPI interface)
- Playlist: an empty playlists with non-empty preimage setting will not be deleted now on closing the application
- Playlist: Advanced search is now show last search query
- Tag Editor: Support for non-english URLs - the URL will be automatically converted to punycode and vice versa.
- Fixed: Common - tray icon flashes during program startup
- Fixed: Common - player is minimized to tray instead of taskbar in some cases
- Fixed: Sound Engine - output settings are resets at some devices when opening the Options Dialog
- Fixed: Playlist - the remove file confirmation dialog does not restore focus after closing
- Fixed: Tag Editor - album art from ID3v2.4 tag cannot be read in some cases
- Fixed: Tag Editor - file in FLAC format cannot be read by player, if embedded CUE has been remove via AIMP Tag Editor
- Fixed: Plugins - The Information Line flashes on display, if it has been hidden by mouse before that
- Fixed: small bugs