AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp).
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the player's main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so it's easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the player's functionality.
Changes in AIMP 4.00.1687:
- Common: Monkey's Audio codec has been updated
- Skin Engine: Seek bar - Hint with position under mouse cursor now appears
- Fixed: Common - the "Move to..." command does not work for playing file
- Fixed: UI - table elements - multiple selection via selection rectangle works buggly
- Fixed: UI - table elements - selection of all items via Ctrl+A shortcut moves focus to first item
- Fixed: Playlists Manager - an empty playlists were created when moving few folders via drag-n-drop to playlists list
- Fixed: Player - Internet Radio - meta information changed too early than track really started
- Fixed: Tag Editor - OGG / FLAC / OPUS - multi-line fields saves incorrectly if their data contains ";" symbol
- Fixed: Skin Engine - default frame index of TASEAnimator element always equals to 0 even if binding is defined
- Fixed: Skin Engine - few compatibility issues with old skins were fixed
- Fixed: Skin Engine - localizations for custom context menus was not refreshed in real-time
- Fixed: Skin Engine - hint in music library table / playlist blinks when running under Windows 7 if desktop composition is disabled
- Fixed: Skin Engine - window content was not refreshed after changing the element placement from script
- Fixed: Music Library - import data base from AIMP3 - files from network locations cannot be imported
- Fixed: Music Library - the "find in Music Library" command does not work if the "no grouping" mode is selected
- Fixed: Music Library - playback accounting works incorrectly if playback speed different from default value
- Small bugs were fixed