AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp).
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the players main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so its easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the players functionality.
Changes in AIMP 4.13.1897:
- Common: localization have been updated
- Audio Converter: special build of LAME codec with unicode file names support has been added
- Fixed: Sound Engine - some scrunchies can be heard when stopping playback by closing the application
- Fixed: Sound Engine - app hangs on lost the audio focus if DirectSound method is used for output
- Fixed: Playlist - playlists with relative paths in AIMPPL4 format are imported incorrectly if file path is started form + or - character
- Fixed: Tag Editor - WAV-file that was edited in AIMP opens in Adobe Audition with the "meta data is corrupted" message in some cases
- Small bugs were fixed