Alcatel's OneTouch Fierce XL smartphone with Windows 10 Mobile was announced to be headed to T-Mobile US soon after its launch at CES last month. A report has now revealed that the device will be going on sale from the carrier starting tomorrow.
According to Windows Central, the Fierce XL will be available from T-Mobile US for an alleged price of $139 with no contractual obligations to the carrier. However, it is likely that the device will be locked to the network. MetroPCS, a subsidiary of T-Mobile US, has already begun selling the smartphone for the same price.
The OneTouch Fierce XL will be the first Windows 10 Mobile powered smartphone to be available on T-Mobile, as the flagship Lumias were once again picked up by AT&T in the United States. However, the device isn't in the same league as those devices, due to its specifications which are as follows:
- 5.5-inch display with HD (1280x720px) resolution
- Quad-core 1.1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support up to 32GB)
- 8MP rear camera with autofocus and 2x digital zoom
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 2500mAh battery (up to 12hrs talk time; up to 820hrs standby time)
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE) support
- T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling
T-Mobile should be making an official announcement about the Fierce XL's pricing and availability soon, if it is to start selling the device tomorrow.
Source: Windows Central