AM-DeadLink detects dead links and duplicates in browser bookmarks and text files. If a bookmark has become unavailable you can verify and delete it permanently. Additionally you can download FavIcons for all your Favorites and Bookmarks (Internet Explorer Favorites and Opera bookmarks).
AM-DeadLink can check the following resources:
- Internet Explorer Favorites
- Firefox 3.x bookmarks
- Opera bookmarks
- Chrome bookmarks
- HTML files
- URLs from tab delimited text files
- URLs from comma separated text files
What's new in this version:
- [+] Firefox 2.x format re-introduced. It's now possible again to check "bookmark.html" files with old Firefox 2.x and Mozilla format.
- [x] Firefox: Bookmarks are now read-only and can no longer be changed or deleted within AM-DeadLink. This step was required to avoid conflicts due to changes in the Firefox database. AM-DeadLink can however still be used to open and check Firefox bookmarks for dead links.
- [x] Delete *.URL files: *.URL files are now deleted to the recycle bin
- Smaller fixes and improvements