The latest graphics card driver release from AMD, Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.1, is adding support for Rockstar Games' soon-arriving PC release of Red Dead Redemption 2. Those on the Nvidia side received their driver just a few hours ago.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is slated to launch tomorrow, November 5, on the Rockstar Launcher and Epic Games Store. A rather massive pre-load for those who pre-ordered has been available since last week, and although AMD didn't go into detail on what sort of improvements the driver does carry, upgrading to this before jumping in when the game unlocks is recommended.
AMD has also included support for a slew of more Vulkan graphics API extensions, details of which can be found on the release notes page.
Moreover, here are the fixed issues of this release as well as the problems AMD's driver team is currently working on resolving:
- Some users may be unable to connect their Twitch™ account through the Connect page in Radeon Settings for live streaming.
- The Outer Worlds™ may sometimes experience an application crash when opening the characters inventory screen.
- The Outer Worlds™ may experience character models being rendered incorrectly on the inventory screen.
- Frame Rate may cap or remain limited to 60 fps in some Vulkan® API games.
- OBS streaming may experience heavy frame drops when using AMF encoding.
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience stutter in some games at 1080p and low game settings.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may cause stutter or screen flashing on some applications.
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience display loss when resuming from sleep or hibernate when multiple displays are connected.
- Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
- Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
- Invoking Radeon Overlay may cause games to lose focus or become minimized when HDR is enabled within Windows®.
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.1 driver can now be downloaded via the links on the same aforementioned official release notes page. The AMD Radeon Settings app on Windows can also be used to upgrade to this driver.