There's a new AMD graphics driver in town and it's delivering optimizations for Wolfenstein: Youngblood. Anyone with a graphics card from the red team planning to pick up the newly released Bethesda-published game is recommended to have this Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.3 driver installed.
According to AMD, Wolfenstein: Youngblood will perform up to 13% better using this new driver compared to last week's 19.7.2 release, with testing being done on an RX 5700. The MachineGames and Arkane Studios-developed co-op shooter is now available on PC via the Bethesda.net launcher and Steam.
The new driver also comes with support for the Radeon GPU Profiler and Microsoft PIX for AMD's new RX 5700 line of cards.
Here are the fixed and known issues of this driver:
- League of Legends™ may fail to launch on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows®7 system configurations.
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience DirectX®9 application crashes or hangs after an express upgrade of Radeon Software.
- Windows Mixed Reality may fail to launch when Radeon Image Sharpening is enabled on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Audio may be out of sync with videos when using Radeon ReLive VR.
- Incorrect values may be shown in the power gauge for Radeon WattMan while applications are running on AMD Radeon VII.
- AMD Log Utility Driver may intermittently fail to install on Windows®7 system configurations.
- Radeon Anti-Lag may experience slight performance drops on some gaming applications when enabled.
- Minor stuttering may occur when playing Fortnite™ during the first few minutes of gameplay on AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics.
- Radeon Overlay may experience flickering in Vulkan® API games when Radeon Image Sharpening is enabled.
- Corruption may be observed in some tests when running Adobe™ Premier Pro 2019 benchmarks.
- Some system configurations may experience green color corruption after install of Radeon Software when running Windows® 10 May 2019 update.
- Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Radeon Performance Metrics may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
- AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
- Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to appear when toggled in game.
- Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
- Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics may experience a black screen during uninstall on Windows®7 system configurations. A work around is to perform uninstall in safe mode.
- Recording clips with Radeon ReLive may result in blank clips on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows®7 system configurations.
- Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.3 driver can now be downloaded via the Radeon Settings app on Windows, as well as through the links available in the official release notes. Additionally, support for another batch of Vulkan API extensions has arrived with this driver, the details of which can be found in the aforementioned release notes also.