American Truck Simulator players will soon be able to haul their loads in and across a brand new U.S. state heading to the game. SCS Software announced today that it is releasing the much anticipated New Mexico map expansion to the simulator title next week.
New Mexico will be joining the game's currently available states of California, Nevada, and Arizona. However, this will be the game's first paid map expansion, arriving as a DLC pack.
Players will be driving across highly varied areas in the expansion, from urban regions, deserts, and mountain ranges, to lush forests. There will also be familiar landmarks to observe while hauling goods, including but not limited to Rio Grande, Carson National Forest, Baylor Peak, and Pyramid Rock.
A list of features provided by the developer that highlights major aspects included in the DLC can be seen below:
- Over 4 thousand miles of new in-game roads
- 14 major cities, including Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Roswell
- 11 custom rest/truck stops for parking and refuelling
- 600+ completely new graphic 3D assets
- Complex and realistic custom-built junctions and Interstate interchanges
- 8 new company docks and industries
- Unique landmarks both natural and man made
- New Mexico achievements to unlock
However, something that is not mentioned in the list, but may still be quite interesting, is the Musical Road situated between Albuquerque and Tijeras that will play the melody of America the Beautiful when players drive over it, just like in real life.
American Truck Simulator's New Mexico DLC map expansion is slated to arrive on November 9 for PC with a price tag of $11.99.
Don't forget to follow us @NeowinGaming on Twitter to keep up to date with our gaming coverage!