It appears that the Android 4.3 update for Samsung Galaxy S3 users has resumed. Samsung originally pulled the update to those devices in November due to various issues, as well as that for the S4, but resumed that rollout at the end of November.
The now-patched update will come as a relief for some users who have been stuck on Android 4.1 for some time, with Samsung opting to completely skip 4.2 to those devices. A list of changes and fixes can be viewed below.
Android 4.3 Changes and Improvements
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- KNOX included
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
The update is again being rolled out in phases worldwide, so it could take a few weeks before some people see it show up on their handsets. To update your Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3, you can connect your device to a computer and use Samsung KIES, or simply use Samsung’s OTA service. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.
Heres hoping that people will experience a smoother upgrade with this patched version.
Source & Image: Sammobile