AnyDesk is a fast remote desktop system and enables users to access their data, images, videos and applications from anywhere and at any time, and also to share it with others. AnyDesk is the first remote desktop software that doesn't require you to think about what you can do. CAD, video editing or simply working comfortably with an office suite for hours are just a few examples. AnyDesk is designed for modern multi-core CPUs. Most of AnyDesk's image processing is done concurrently. This way, AnyDesk can utilize up to 90% of.
Conventional screen sharing and remote desktop applications are based on outdated compression techniques (X11, RDP, VNC) or on codecs that were designed for photos (JPEG) or video material (H.264). AnyDesk closes this gap by introducing DeskRT, a video codec specifically designed for graphical user interfaces. Exploiting the special properties of GUI image data (e.g. large areas of the same colour, high contrasts, sharp edges, repeating patterns in the time and spatial domain, or the linear translation of image contents), DeskRT is able to bring about very high image quality and low response times for the user.
AnyDesk transmits 60 frames per second over local networks and many internet connections. This is much more than any competing remote desktop application and makes on-screen movement as smooth as possible, as most PC displays also operate at 60 frames per second. AnyDesk makes jerk-free working possible.
AnyDesk uses TLS 1.2 based encryption, which is also used in online banking. Both ends of a connection are cryptographically verified. This makes it impossible for a stranger to fake your AnyDesk-ID and pretend to be you. So, if you always check the connecting person's AnyDesk-ID, you're on the safe side. Furthermore, you can review the current encryption mode, verification status and client fingerprint by hovering the mouse cursor over the lock icon in the status bar. All connections use AES-128 bit encryption in GCM mode by default. Licensed versions of AnyDesk provide even stronger encryption.
Just one megabyte - downloaded in a glimpse, sent via email, or fired up from your USB drive, AnyDesk will turn any desktop into your desktop in seconds. No administrative privileges or installation needed.
AnyDesk 3.5.0 changelog:
- The remote restart feature now even works when AnyDesk is not installed. Please note: You will need to request elevation from the remote user before using the restart feature in this case.
- Custom AnyDesk: Text and title of ID and Connect Group (Main Window) can now be customized.
- Custom AnyDesk: Before frontend startup a disclaimer can be shown now, which can be customized in logo, title, text, background color and the text on the accept and cancel buttons. It is shown only, if AnyDesk is not installed and the text contains non-whitespaces. All other settings are optional.
- Custom AnyDesk: Added support for environment variables in paths.
- In the D3D fullscreen menu the keyboard mode has always been set to 'translate'.
- The invitation link in the main window has not been shown anymore after switching to advanced view and back.
- Fixed crash on opening the chat log in the backend after session close.
- Fixed crash when the session info panel was closed before the remote data was displayed.
- Fixed custom logo layout in the main window's advanced view.
- Fixed the connection panel's password edit showing clear text when disabled.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware