Apollo is a free sound player that provides you with what you really need -- no more, no less. The program has a user-friendly, compact, playlist-oriented interface Supports WinAmp plugins & Winamp DSP plugins and almost all the stuff that modern MP3 players should. Very efficient and easy to use GUI - no flashy graphics here though. Apollo has been around 1998 and its one of those programs that has a bunch of fanatic supporters. The purpose of Apollo can be summed up by its motto, "Sound quality is not skinnable." It strives to be a unique player which focuses more on product quality and sound than on aesthetics. However, Apollos awesome MP3 decoder and vast amount of features more than make up for this small problem. By default, Apollo supports WAV, MP3, MP2, and streaming audio. Through input plugins, it can play most any audio format. Allowing two files to be crossfaded is just one of Apollos cool play features. There are several other "continuous play" options which are great for public events like parties.
Apollo 37zz fixes and improvements:
* Added three different loop modes: loop all, loop playlist, loop track
* Added an option to physically delete files
* Fixed window update issues with full row select
* Fixed the performance issue with ID3v2 tags introduced in version 37zx
* MPEG: Fixed playing files with broken or partial Xing VBR header
Dont forget to spice up Apollo with various plug-ins !